About Those 8 New Kailh Mechanical Keyboard Switches: Speed And BOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Er...huh? Cherry MX Red is 4mm total travel.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Indeed. Although I think what we're seeing more and more is that consumers are interested in some different things, and switch makers are trying to meet those wants.

That, and you gotta make new widgets every now and then or people get bored. ;)

Left to right, I've inspected the plastic switch pics and the Kailh based colors Kaihua named them. That's it, Kaihua. Your color naming scheme shan't confound these old eyes any longer!

What you call "silver", I call light gray. How you possibly got "copper" outta' the second pic... I dun wanna know. I no see copper, I see dark red. What you call "Gold", I call light orange, also "pizza puke orange" is acceptable. And the 4th pic, called "thick gold"? That's light brown. Maybe thick, generic, baby-poo brown. Certainly no variant of gold. Just my $.02

42n82rst

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
Everyone and their grandpa's obsess about 0.2mm of travel difference, colors and such for mechanical keyboards, for far too long. I dare TomsHardware to rise above all this LowNoiseAssChatter that has been going on since the invention of mechanical switches. Why not do some real technical reporting about pointing devices and their innards! Not just mice but also trackballs! Comprendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS