Build Advice About to build my first PC, need some advice

Mar 4, 2023
Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your help!

I'm looking into building a PC, I will use it for working, in particular for 3D stuff and VFX projects, so a lot of renders and heavy computing scenes...

I wouldn't go above 2000$ for my budget.

In the last days I looked on the internet for the best hardware and selected these ones:

Cpu: Intel i7 13700

GPU: rtx 3080 10 GB

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z790

32 GB of ram, a 850W power supply and a Samsung Evo 970 nvme for windows.

With this setup I'm well above 2k so I wanted to ask you guys which parts I can " downgrade" without loosing too much horsepower. In a few words, is it better to save money on the cpu, the motherboard or the GPU since I'm working with visual stuff.

Also, I'd like to know if you have recommendations for reliable websites which sell PC parts, to save even more money.

And a technical question: would you recommend a liquid cooler or a air cooler with this kind of setup?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Have a nice day :)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Do you have a PCPartPicker link we can dabble in as well as tinker around with? As it stands you've listed the build's specs, devoid of the price and your seller. PCPP helps keep that listing clear and concise. If you don't want to overclock, I'd settle for a high end air cooler. If you want watercooling, look at nothing less than a 360mm AIO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samtoryu
Mar 4, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Do you have a PCPartPicker link we can dabble in as well as tinker around with? As it stands you've listed the build's specs, devoid of the price and your seller. PCPP helps keep that listing clear and concise. If you don't want to overclock, I'd settle for a high end air cooler. If you want watercooling, look at nothing less than a 3560mm AIO.

Hi, thanks a lot. I do have it, I'll share it down below. I noticed the real prices for Europe are a bit higher than what is showed on PCPP, great service though!

I never really tried to overclock anything but I'll look into it and decide for the cooling.

Would you save money on GPU, CPU or MoBo?
I guess those are the 3 things that really impact on the general price...

Here's the link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nk27xs

Thanks again :)

Lutfij

Titan
Made a typo on my AIO suggestion. You should look into the 360mm or the 280mm variant of Arctic's AIO. If you're looking at the RTX3080, look into a 1KW or higher PSU(the Corsair unit you chose is good, just need more wattage on it).

Mar 4, 2023
Got it, thanks. If in the end I'll go with the 3070 instead of the 3080 would you still recommend getting 1000w?
I'm also wondering about the case, I read people have a lot of troubles with size and generally to fit everything in some cases.

Don't know if you are a graphic expert but, would you go for an i5 13th gen + rtx 3080 or i7 13th gen + rtx 3070? Does it even make sense thinking about it...?

Thank youuuu

Hi, thanks a lot. I do have it, I'll share it down below. I noticed the real prices for Europe are a bit higher than what is showed on PCPP, great service though!

I never really tried to overclock anything but I'll look into it and decide for the cooling.

Would you save money on GPU, CPU or MoBo?
I guess those are the 3 things that really impact on the general price...

Here's the link:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nk27xs

Thanks again :)
What country are you located and what is your budget in euros?

Reactions: Samtoryu
Mar 4, 2023

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.
I didn't even know that Gigabyte existed, since their hardware are cheaper than the other competitors' I guess it's second rate stuff?
I will look into it, thank you:)

Reactions: Why_Me