About to buy a system

Xulbehemoth

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I posted a bit ago about my new system im going to buy. Now I need to make sure I have everything I need. About to be purchased:

• Case
    MOBO
    GPU
    CPU
    PSU
    RAM
    Optical Drive
    Monitor
    HDD
    Speakers
    Keyboard
    HDMI Cable

I have a mouse already. Is there anything else I need to put this together?

Thanks

G

SSD or OS? CPU Cooler? Headset instead of Speakers? Web Cam? WiFi card?

Without knowing what you are looking at exactly for specific parts, what your budget is, what your intended usage is, hard to guess beyond that.

Dan414

Reputable
Dec 24, 2014
Skip the HDMI cable for a DisplayPort cable.
Buy the cheapest DDR3 ram you can (way easy to upgrade later if you want to overclock your ram).
I would cheap out on hdd too, until you can get an ssd.
In fact, I would go cheap on optical drive, keyboard, speakers also. You can get those all for a few bucks (new or used), and if you are dis-satisfied later they are easy upgrades.

Get the best MOBO, PSU you can afford. Spend the money you saved on other stuff here.
Watch the MOBO to make sure you have an upgrade path for that socket, depending on how much you want to spend up front.

$0.02

Xulbehemoth

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
I have a headset as well, but I want speakers for music when friends are over. At the moment, I have no need for wifi. I'm also getting my OS through my school. I'm gonna skip on the SSD for now. Thanks for your answers!

G

Depends. What is your case? How good is the air flow? That's an unlocked chip, so if you are overclocking, you will eventually want a better cooler, even though you can do light overclocking with the stock cooler.