About to buy some RAM. Which is the better Brand.

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I got one slot left and I want to get 1 2gb stick. can u tell me which one should i get. I already have a 1GB dell E510 stick with my e510 model. and i have one more memory slot open and have a total of two memory slots. in there. btw, when i get RAM does all the RAM in my comp have to be the same brand? If so i will get two of each. I mainly do here r the ones i want to get. they were on newegg. I mainly use my comp for gaming if that helps

G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory

Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007

This man speaks the truth! Although I generally prefer Kingston over all other brands for these reasons:

greater compatibility: This is immensely helpful when I'm trying to fix a handful of computers.
American based: Although they probably manufacture their parts elsewhere, I try to buy from American companies simply because I am American myself, and would like do my immensely small part to support my country :D lol. <3 BFG Tech and Kingston.

I would say that G.Skill is WAY more popular and their chips (They still use D9 right?) tend to overclock very well.

Either way, they both are great companies.