Status
Not open for further replies.

scmerri968

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Every single game I try to play on my PC is horribly laggy. It wasn't like this a few week ago, it happened out of nowhere. My games show high FPS, for instance League Of Legends shows my FPS to be 200+ and is choppy and laggy still. CSGO is unplayable, and APEX Legends runs terribly. My PC is enough to handle these games, here are the specs.
Specs are as follows.
Dell 27inch 1440p Gsync 1ms monitor
Ryzen 5 1600
GSkill Trident Z 16gb 3200mhz DDR4
Crosshair vengeance IV motherboard
Nvidia 1060 6gb FE
Seasonic bronze fully modular PSU
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD

I am working closely with another user on the forums to figure out my problem but nothing has been solved yet and I am wondering if anyone else has any input before I piece out my PC and get rid of it all together.
All my drivers are up to date, running a FRESH install of windows 10, everything I am on it up to date. My temps are never over 40-50C on both my CPU and GPU and I have no issues doing anything on the PC besides playing games.
My motherboard was recently replaced this passed to week to see if that was the issue and it clearly isn't.
I have already messed with nvidia 3D settings and set them to what everyone recommends, also the games are NOT using my on-board graphics card.
Seeing as I have covered about 99% of the recommendations everyone tells me to do, that haven't helped at all, does anyone have any insight on what to do? I can replace things, money isn't and issue but I don't want to buy things when I might not need to.
Please at this point im desperate, anyone can chime in before I throw this POS out the window.
I was thinking possibly a PSU problem and the board isn't getting enough power? That sounds stupid though.
Here is the most recent benchmark for my PC:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14694147

speedtest results: https://www.speedtest.net/result/8040763882

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan
Userbenchmark is showing that you have really high CPU usage @46%, perhaps that could be affecting your performance.

3EIU5MC.png

Is Gsync enabled?

scmerri968

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Userbenchmark is showing that you have really high CPU usage @46%, perhaps that could be affecting your performance.

3EIU5MC.png
I was watching the CPU usage and the only thing that causes it to spike when running the benchmark is the benchmark itself, and then it records that spike and gives me that warming :(

scmerri968

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Odd, Gsync (adaptive) with vsync should keep everything buttery smooth even with dips and I'm pretty sure the Gsync range on that monitor is like 33-144hz.
yup, I have no clue whats going on with my PC. Gsync does not change performance or screentearing etc. Some are saying packet loss? not sure where I would be "losing packets"

scmerri968

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hate to admit it but I don't know much about packet loss but that screenshot may be able to help if someone else can read it.

At least if the single player games work then we can narrow the issue to networking.
Just a heads up, I went to find a game on steam to download for single player, and when I clicked the store or community etc my CPU temp jumped from 30 to 40C randomly.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Have u tried DDU the following way, scmerri968?

Proper DDU steps:

A. Place a shortcut on desktop to the latest nVidia driver, or ur favorite version, that has worked in the past.​
B. DL and Install DDU (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html), but don't run it yet, just install.​
C. Unplug Network Cable so Windows won’t install any drivers.​
D. Boot into safe mode.​
E. Run DDU and select, “Clean and Restart” option.​
F. Boot into Windows normal mode, with network cable still unplugged.​
G. Install latest nVidia driver or ur favorite version that has worked in the past, but choose “Custom Install” and select “Clean Install” Box, and ONLY install video drivers and Physics drivers.​
H. Test a game.​
I. Only if all is AOK, and games play normal, plug-in Network cable.​
J. If games still don’t play as well as u wish they would, like in the past; then keep Network cable unplugged and repeat ^^ Steps D thru H, because sometimes when DDU is needed because of corrupted drivers, DDU needs to be ran a second time.​

GL :)

bignastyid

Titan
Please stick to 1 thread.

This thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.