Question About to purchase from CyberPowerPC // Need thoughts on this build?! (RTX 3090)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Hi there, I'm about to purchase this system off CyberPowerPC and I do need some thoughts on it's capabilities since I'm getting it with a RTX 3090. Simply want to make sure that everything on this build is good to go for that hungry GPU.
I need opinions on the i9-11900KF , on the MB MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX and on the PSU 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD ..

for the PSU , CyberPower has ONLY 2 brands.
This one: 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD that I chose and the other is Enermax Revolution D.F. series 850Watts 80 Plus Gold .. I ONLY have those 2 options, can you help me pick between them?

Full Specs:
  • CASE: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 55 RGB Mid Tower ATX Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Front and Side
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-11900KF 8/16 3.50GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
  • CASES_FANS: 6X 120mm APEVIA 120mm Addressable RGB 1200RPM Fans w/ Hub + Remote Controller [+49]
  • COOLING: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+40] (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • SSD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD [+0]
  • HDD: 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 750/700k [-47] (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: CORSAIR 16(x2) - 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE RGB MEMORY
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX, ARGB, WIFI 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe [+165]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - GIGABYTE GP-P850GM 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active Power Supply [+16]
  • GPU: GeForce RTX™ 3090 24GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Why these? Rather "meh" choices for a GPU with an MSRP of two grand. If you can't afford the tippy-top quality for a GPU like this, then I question why get the 3090 in the first place.
Because I have a NZXT C850 on my current PC .. which I can simply use later on the new one that will come .. which I would rather not so honestly. I have to pick between those 2 they got nothing else

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Yes but who said I can’t change items
Well just going from what you said it was ordered.
They do sell this from me looking at their page very good but going to cost you as anything good from their.
1050 Watts - Enermax EDT1050EWT MaxTytan

EDIT I would switch the case also since you picked those fans the rad will fit in the top and comes with 3X 140mm of the fans you picked in the front already.
Phanteks Eclipse P500A DRGB High Air-Flow ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case + 3X 140mm SK140 ARGB Fans (Black Color)

Also the 11700KF is 200 bucks less and you can add the 10% overclock for cheap (20 bucks)making it the same performance as the 11900KF (or overclock it yourself)

Last edited:

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Well just going from what you said it was ordered.
They do sell this from me looking at their page very good but going to cost you as anything good from their.
1050 Watts - Enermax EDT1050EWT MaxTytan

EDIT I would switch the case also since you picked those fans the rad will fit in the top and comes with 3X 140mm of the fans you picked in the front already.
Phanteks Eclipse P500A DRGB High Air-Flow ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case + 3X 140mm SK140 ARGB Fans (Black Color)

Also the 11700KF is 200 bucks less and you can add the 10% overclock for cheap (20 bucks)making it the same performance as the 11900KF (or overclock it yourself)
Ok, question why do I need the rad on top ??!! and are you saying the Enermax EDT1050EWT MaxTytan is SOLID ?? if so why do I net see it on the PSU tier list?!

also when you say 11700KF you mean the i7 ??? if so they have the 11700K not the KF

also can you check their list of Motherboards ,, is there any other one I can save money on?

even if I have to cancel the order and re do it .. I have NP with that ..

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, question why do I need the rad on top ??!! and are you saying the Enermax EDT1050EWT MaxTytan is SOLID ?? if so why do I net see it on the PSU tier list?!

also when you say 11700KF you mean the i7 ??? if so they have the 11700K not the KF

also can you check their list of Motherboards ,, is there any other one I can save money on?

even if I have to cancel the order and re do it .. I have NP with that ..
No KF model and for the PSU all the list are not up to date and they miss models.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/enermax-maxtytan-1250w-psu,5440.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...700kf-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
The KF has no built in graphics if you pay them the 20 bucks for the 10% overclock you got back to about the same exact performance as the 11900. K. KF

EDIT just 10% overclock of the base speed of 3.6 would put you at about 5.3 turbo. If you can trust them to do everything right.
Great, thanx .. how about the mother board ,, anyway I can save on that ? MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON down to anything else very similar

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Great, thanx .. how about the mother board ,, anyway I can save on that ? MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON down to anything else very similar
In fact if you actually look at the numbers with the 20 buck overclock of 10% it would actually be faster add 0.36 to the boost speeds.

Intel Core i7-11700KFIntel Core i9-11900KF
3.60 GHzFrequency3.50 GHz
5.00 GHzTurbo (1 Core)5.30 GHz
4.50 GHzTurbo (All Cores)4.80 GHz

EDIT for the top mo9unted rad it hurts the CPU temp a bit but much better than blowing hot air into a already power hungry video card.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
In fact if you actually look at the numbers with the 20 buck overclock of 10% it would actually be faster add 0.36 to the boost speeds.

Intel Core i7-11700KFIntel Core i9-11900KF
3.60 GHzFrequency3.50 GHz
5.00 GHzTurbo (1 Core)5.30 GHz
4.50 GHzTurbo (All Cores)4.80 GHz

EDIT for the top mo9unted rad it hurts the CPU temp a bit but much better than blowing hot air into a already power hungry video card.
Thanx, and again how about the MotherBoard ? and what do you think about
for the case ? is the RAD on top usually better than in front ?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
For the motherboard that MSI model sells for about 350 bucks and cyberpower charges you what about almost 300 bucks to upgrade to it that is their thing they have their standard build and charge the crap out of you for making upgrades over the standard build.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanx, and again how about the MotherBoard ? and what do you think about
for the case ? is the RAD on top usually better than in front ?
you can ask 100 people that and will probably get about 50/50
what you get is a bit better temps on the CPU and worse temps on the video card or the other way around.
If I was building that for me I would top mount it.

For your video card this is not the best site but their like 500 bucks difference

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3080-Ti-vs-Nvidia-RTX-3090/4115vs4081
4K gaming not a clue what your using the PC for or if gaming the monitor y0ou plan to use. Buying a bunch of overkill is not really good since in a couple years it can be replaced with better.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwKM8qW1gfI

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
I'm not trying to talk you in or out of anything just giving some options in the end it's your money and all your decisions.
Ok, I have one last question for you. That case ,, the Phantek with DRGB fans I want to switch over to come with 3 DRGB fans on the front that connect to motherboard and can be controlled with software like Mystic Light.
If I choose this COOLER, Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Edition high performance CPU waterblock Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (All Venom OC Certified) ... It comes with 3 fans that also connect to motherboard and can be controlled with same software Mystic Light ..
Keeping in mind that those are 2 different brand of fans .. will they still SYNC together (light wise)if the connect to motherboard ..

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Ok, I have one last question for you. That case ,, the Phantek with DRGB fans I want to switch over to come with 3 DRGB fans on the front that connect to motherboard and can be controlled with software like Mystic Light.
If I choose this COOLER, Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Edition high performance CPU waterblock Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (All Venom OC Certified) ... It comes with 3 fans that also connect to motherboard and can be controlled with same software Mystic Light ..
Keeping in mind that those are 2 different brand of fans .. will they still SYNC together (light wise)if the connect to motherboard ..

GUYS will those fans Phantek (front of case) and ThermalTake ALL SYNC together using a software like MYSTIC LIGHT ? even though they are 2 different brand of fans?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

GUYS will those fans Phantek (front of case) and ThermalTake ALL SYNC together using a software like MYSTIC LIGHT ? even though they are 2 different brand of fans?
That I can't answer and be 100% correct. never have tried that combo. One thing I can say using different fans the ARGB/RGB are or can be located if different locations make the fans look different even if they will actually sync.

I guess that will be a question for cyberpower since you trust them so much.

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Ok, finally ... Here are my new specs :)

Specs:

CASE: Thermaltake View 37 ARGB Edition Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ L-type Window Skylight View + 2x 200mm 1x 120mm ARGB fan
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i7-11700KF 8/16 3.60GHz [Turbo 4.9GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
CPU OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)
FANS: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm ARGB Sync Edition high performance CPU waterblock Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate
HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k [-117] (Dual Drive (1TB x 2 (2TB Capacity))
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI ATX, ARGB, WIFI 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3x M.2 SATA/PCIe
POWERSUPPLY: 1050 Watts - Enermax EDT1050EWT MaxTytan Series 80 PLUS Titanium certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3090 24GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

DSzymborski

Titan
Meh, why are we going backwards in cases? You basically need to blast the hell out of the 200mm fan options in that Thermaltake just to get very average thermals.

There's a reason why people building PCs to perform are getting away from the glass coffins the last few years; the performing cases that have glass fronts need to be creative with getting fresh air into the case. In typical Thermaltake style, they defined creative as fast, noisy intakes.

Reactions: madmatt30
Meh, why are we going backwards in cases? You basically need to blast the hell out of the 200mm fan options in that Thermaltake just to get very average thermals.

There's a reason why people building PCs to perform are getting away from the glass coffins the last few years; the performing cases that have glass fronts need to be creative with getting fresh air into the case. In typical Thermaltake style, they defined creative as fast, noisy intakes.

Absolutely agree, for God's sake go back to the p500a - it's the only case on there that has good airflow and actually looks nice.

My main issue with cyberpowerpc (and a lot of other system builders) is rhe limited case and psu choices.

You end up forced into using something that you would likely never pick if there were more choice available.

The thermaltake view looks amazing aesthetically, it will however die a death trying to cool an i7 and a 3090.

What you have there is a very very expensive case that's only actually any good for mid range components - it's a case that actually makes very very little sense at its price point.

I would have run that build like this with the PL turned off.

https://www.amazon.com/Lian-Li-LAN2MRX-LANCOOL-Black/dp/B08CSQPBFJ/
LIAN LI LANCOOL II MESH RGB BLACK Tempered Glass ATX Case $109.00

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-850-gold-ssr-850fx-850w/p/N82E16817151188
Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular $149.99

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813119392
ASUS TUF GAMING H570-PRO WIFI $189.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303957454122
Intel Core i7-11700F $314.99

https://www.amazon.com/Original-Design-Towers-Cooler-SCFM-2000/dp/B07QMK5R45/
Scythe Fuma 2 CPU Air Cooler $59.99

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-Desktop-Gaming-BL2K16G32C16U4B/dp/B083TSLDF2/
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 32GB (16GBx2) CL16 $175.99

PNY CS2130 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4 Internal SSD $230.99

Storage drive.

Western Digital 2TB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD $193.05

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284325799923
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB Graphics Card $2,199.00

Total: $3,623

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021

And because I have changed cases many times already , I’ll definitely NOT change it this time! Because 1. I love the case 2. I would rather turn all my fans super high on it 3. I want all fans and case brand to match. 4. I can’t make any more changes anyway :)

MoeNAGY

BANNED
Apr 12, 2021
Absolutely agree, for God's sake go back to the p500a - it's the only case on there that has good airflow and actually looks nice.

My main issue with cyberpowerpc (and a lot of other system builders) is rhe limited case and psu choices.

You end up forced into using something that you would likely never pick if there were more choice available.

The thermaltake view looks amazing aesthetically, it will however die a death trying to cool an i7 and a 3090.

What you have there is a very very expensive case that's only actually any good for mid range components - it's a case that actually makes very very little sense at its price point.
I’m not forced at all mate .. there is plenty of choice! I just love this case, even if I have to blast every single fan on it including gpu fan .. im cool with that :) thanx