[SOLVED] About to rebuild PC, question about NVMEs

outlawstar15a2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
So some months ago I had an electrical dip or surge Palavan the <Mod Edit> out of my PC. While it was down I dragged my feet, did some soul searching, finally the release of some games I've been wanting to play spurred me into action. Just waiting for the last component to come back and then we good to go. Here's the question.

While the PC was down I was able to fully back up all data on both NVMEs to an external HDD, used some software both drives have passed all SMART parameters and the drive is reporting good health for both of them, so I am curious do I need to worry about the surge messing with the data on the drive in particular the hardware drivers or OS files? Am I worrying too much? Can surge mess with the stored data in a way to cause hardware damage or just corrupt the driver and I just repair install it to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
So some months ago I had an electrical dip or surge Palavan the <Mod Edit> out of my PC. While it was down I dragged my feet, did some soul searching, finally the release of some games I've been wanting to play spurred me into action. Just waiting for the last component to come back and then we good to go. Here's the question.

While the PC was down I was able to fully back up all data on both NVMEs to an external HDD, used some software both drives have passed all SMART parameters and the drive is reporting good health for both of them, so I am curious do I need to worry about the surge messing with the data on the drive in particular the hardware drivers or OS files? Am I worrying too much? Can surge mess with the stored...

While the PC was down I was able to fully back up all data on both NVMEs to an external HDD, used some software both drives have passed all SMART parameters and the drive is reporting good health for both of them, so I am curious do I need to worry about the surge messing with the data on the drive in particular the hardware drivers or OS files? Am I worrying too much? Can surge mess with the stored data in a way to cause hardware damage or just corrupt the driver and I just repair install it to fix it?
It may corrupt a few things "can cause damages but if they are coming back good i wouldnt worry to much. Data may have some problems applications can generally be repaired

Solution