[SOLVED] About upgrading my PC

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
I have a fairly cheap DIY build back in 2018 and im planning to upgrade it but have no idea where should I put my focus on.
I have my own laptop too and has always been wonder why my laptop seems to load so much faster with pretty much everything. ( I own Lenovo Legion 5 15.6" 165Hz Gaming Laptop AMD Ryzen 7-5800H 16GB RAM 512GB SSD RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6 )
anyway, here are my spec.
processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x six core 3600 Mhz
mother board: ROG STRIX B450-F
Ram: 16Gb
Graphic card: Radeon RX 580 series

Graphic card has been very expensive lately so idk if I should choose to upgrade my processor or motherboard since idk if they could improve anything at all.
I have only solely looking at graphic card to improve on but I get annoyed sometimes as my laptop runs everything pretty much faster and better than my own DIY from starting up window to loading in game etc.

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
The laptop is significantly stronger. As for loading does the desktop have Windows and games installed on an SSD.
yes I have an HHD and SSD separate where I put my OS alone in the HDD and for the SSD contain all my games and stuff.
My SSD is Samsung SSD 860 Evo 1tb and HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

Last edited:

sanshoona

Reputable
Jun 18, 2019
Yes whether an SSD is present, or not, and the speed/type of SSD can influence load times.
I'm sorry that my questions are so vague but it has been at least 4 years since I build. is it better to simply put OS and everything on SSD alone or should I keep OS on HDD and my games on SSD? My SSD is Samsung SSD 860 Evo 1tb and HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM

Last edited: