Oct 14, 2021
Hi there. I need to use my netbook (Acer Aspire One NAV50) because it's more portable than normal laptops. But i am going to watch things and going to attend online courses. But it's not powerful enough to handle it. So i searched for video decoders and found 2. One is Broadcom BCM970012 and the other one is Broadcom BCM970015.

The one which ends with 12 can decode H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1, WMV9 and MPEG-2. The other one which ends with 15 can decode what 12 can and besides that it can decode DivX 3.11, 4.1, 5.X, 6.X and Xvid.

Which one should i get? I will usually use Youtube and Netflix . Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi there. I need to use my netbook (Acer Aspire One NAV50) because it's more portable than normal laptops. But i am going to watch things and going to attend online courses. But it's not powerful enough to handle it. So i searched for video decoders and found 2. One is Broadcom BCM970012 and the other one is Broadcom BCM970015.

The one which ends with 12 can decode H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1, WMV9 and MPEG-2. The other one which ends with 15 can decode what 12 can and besides that it can decode DivX 3.11, 4.1, 5.X, 6.X and Xvid.

Which one should i get? I will usually use Youtube and Netflix . Thanks.
Did you read the WIKI page for that device -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcom_Crystal_HD
I don't know if it will benefit you.
I also can't definitely determine if you have a slot to plug such a card into.

TRENDING THREADS