May 27, 2016
My rig:
Cpu: AMD fx-8350
Gpu: Geforce GTX 960 4 gb
Ram: 16 gb Corsair vengeance
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-970A-d3p atx am3+/am3
HDD: 3tb 3.5" 7200 rpm internal hard drive Seagate Barracuda
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX power supply

The issue started earlier this month where my computer would abruptly restart in the middle of playing a game.

First it was the division then skyrim.

At first I thought nothing about it until it got annoying so for a few weeks I tried to diagnose the issue.

I found a problem with my ram and quickly replaced them(I used ripjaw X 16 gigs before the corsair vengeance)

The issue still persisted I tried to restart my computer getting rid of apps and drivers. When the computer rebooted in the middle of the restart and when it came back on windows simply wouldn't load. I tried for some hours to diagnose the issue by putting the windows 10 disk I had back into the computer and selecting the fix your computer problem button but none of the options worked so I tried to reinstall windows by deleting the previous drives and reinstalling windows.

Everything seemed fine and dandy I downloaded a driver for gpu and used an earlier driver.

I eventually decided to redownload the division and after waiting all night I booted it up today and changed some settings (mostly pulling the settings back instead of putting more strain on the gpu)
I exited the game because I needed to in order for it to take effect and when looking through uplay the computer rebooted.

-Use older drivers
-Check temperatures (My pc would be sitting at around 30-40 c when it reboots
-Reinstall windows
-Cry myself to sleep
-Replace Ram

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but if you could kindly help I would appreciate it.

Edit: I built this pc October 2nd 2015

Also forgot to say that before I reinstalled windows 10 when ever I would shutdown the pc it would reboot instead.

shadowlastor

Commendable
May 27, 2016

That might be a bit of an issue since the next closest outlet is a good 5 feet away xD but ill plug in just the monitor and the pc and run the computer for a while to see if it still persists.

One time I was trouble-shooting my friend's computer that had similar random re-starts, at their residence and the problem was a faulty power strip.

shadowlastor

Commendable
May 27, 2016
Mmm It seemed to have been working for a while but still abruptly rebooted.

I checked the event viewer and got the kernel-power event id 41 critical erorr.

Does this mean i might have to change my psu? Maybe get a 1000w one?

shadowlastor

Commendable
May 27, 2016

I think my ram cpu and gpu combined end up going over the 650w the psu supplies not sure though.

I looked through the link but it seems none of them actually have any solutions though one common theme i read was that it has something to do with power :C..Im kinda worried because when doing a out of case test to make sure the mother board worked taking the 24 pin wire thingy from the motherboard was kinda hard and took around an hour to do mostly because i was scared i would break the board if i tried to pull to hard.

Right now ive had the computer sitting idle for about 35 minutes with no issues. Though when it first happened today it rebooted when i logged back on and simply went onto the internet.

shadowlastor

Commendable
May 27, 2016
If i had to choose one i would choose Dark Power Pro P10 1200 watts maybe.

Ive had the computer sitting idle since my last post and it hasnt rebooted. Im 100% sure my computer just doesnt like me.

shadowlastor

Commendable
May 27, 2016
I decided to go with this

(Copy and pasted from amazon)EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 80+ PLATINUM, 850W ECO Mode Fully Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready

And it just arrived yesterday and after 30 minutes of testing today everything seems okay :D. Thanks for your help <3. If i do run into any more troubles ill make a new post thanks again.

That is an excellent PSU! And glad that everything worked out fine. Yes definitely, create new threads for future problems.

TRENDING THREADS