Question ABS Warrior

Jun 30, 2019
I have an ABS Warrior - Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 1050TI 8GB Ram 480GB SSD that I bought from NewEgg about 2 months and after a few weeks (after return date) when I play games like WOW or Diablo 3 the computer will lock up after anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour. Sometimes the lock up will turn the screen black and I can still here the sound, sometimes it will still display the last game image and I can't hear anything. The lock up can last just a few seconds or completely lock up the computer to where I have to hard reboot it. I ran windows 10 memory test and it came out fine, I uninstalled the video card and then reinstalled it with the latest drivers, I lowered the settings of the game. I ran GPU-Z and when the lock up occured, the GPU clock, Memory Clock, Fan Speed, VDDC all went to zero. The GPU load and memory controller load fluctuated from zero to about 60 percent for a minute until I reset the computer. The temperatures for GPU and CPU were around 37 degrees Celsius.

ABS has suggested it could be hardware issue with video card, CPU cooler, and/or ram and I should reinstalled drivers for video card which I did.

Is there anything I can check to narrow it down? Thanks

Jun 30, 2019
PSU is a RaidMax XT series RX-500XT 500W.

Yesterday I pushed the power button and the mouse lit up like it was detected, the keyboard lit up, the monitor powered up but stayed black and it didn't seem to POST. It just stayed black until I hard reset it and after another try it finally started to Windows.

Jun 30, 2019
I connected a Seasonic Focus 550Watt PSU and it POSTed fine and got into the game fine, but after several minutes it began to freeze the computer for several seconds at a time. The image would stay frozen on the screen and the sound would play.

ABS told me to unplug the GPU and try to boot using the motherboard hdmi output and it wouldn't boot. No beeps, no BIOS screen, just a black screen.

Jun 30, 2019
I may be able to get my hands on an older ATI card, I'll have to see.

At first when I played games with the new PSU, it seemed to help not freeze as often. I put the settings down to minimal and I was playing WOW no problems until I went into an instance and it froze and rebooted several times. Now, it does it in the open world. It seems to get worse the longer I played, idk if cpu or gpu is heating up or something. According to GPU-Z the temps were fine.
Now, it restarted to the desktop in low resolution and says "force to reinstall graphics driver"

ABS has said I qualify for RMA now and it will be 5-6 week turnaround. I'll probably do that if the other video card doesn't work.

Thanks for advice, Michael

Jun 30, 2019
I plugged in a Radeon HD 5750 and it worked flawlessly for over an hour and a half. But, it does have an external power hookup to get any power the PCIE slot isn't giving it. The 1050TI doesn't have an external hookup.