Steyene

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
My new case arrived today, which I picked up to fit my new 6970, which has a hilarious pin setup. But thats not the main problem, I have set everything up in the case, plugged it into the power and nothing happens. There is no sign that the computer has even got power.

I am fairly confident that its not the PSU, as I checked the system with my old 550W one which was working great yesterday.

I've checked the front pannel connections are all correct several times, unless the arrow doesn't indicate postive then its all right.

The parts.

Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 ***NEW****
PSU: Antec 550W or Thermalite 600***NEW****
GFX: 6970***NEW***, currently a 5770 is in there until I get the 4->8 Converter. Pretty sure that the 5770 is working
CPU: i7-870***NEW***
RAM:8GbDDR3 1600mhz, 99% sure that this is working...
Mobo: P55a UD3.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that I might have screwed the mobo when moving it over. Ideas?

Steyene

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Pretty sure that it was esd. Would a screw hitting the mobo be enough?

Anyway, the boards dead so a new one arises.

Do I need to reinstall windows with a fresh install when I get the new mobo or can I just go repair and it will then fix everything up? Or is it possible to just connect everything up and have it run from the get go?

DriftingJoint

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Have you tried taking the motherboard out of the case, putting it on a non-conductive surface and plugging in the only the power supply cables? It could be a grounding issue with the new case (screws not fit right, mobo touching the case etc).