[SOLVED] Abysmal performance in certain games?

Jan 13, 2021
Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 16GB of RAM, 600w PSU.

Recently upgraded my 1060 6gb to the 5700xt. While performance has vastly improved in many games, (Red Dead Redemption 2, COD:MW, COD:BOCW, to name a few) a few games have actually greatly dropped in performance, namely Destiny 2 and GTA V. I've tried changing settings, monitors, closing pretty much every application that isn't the game or vital to it and nothing seems to help. Temperatures are around the 50s as well. Does anyone have any clue what may be going on? and its there anything i can do?

Solution
I did not! first time upgrading my gpu so didnt quite know i had to do that.
I uninstalled them just now and no difference sadly. Current 5700 drivers are up to date as well
Hmm. Going from nvidia to AMD, personally, I would wipe all my drives and do a fresh install of windows and make sure all your drivers are new and unencumbered by anything that might still be floating around from nvidia.
If that's a viable option for you, I'd say that's the next step. Fresh install of OS and drivers.

Wait, what's the rest of your system specs? You could be bottle necking your CPU, which would be a more common problem.
I did not! first time upgrading my gpu so didnt quite know i had to do that.
I uninstalled them just now and no difference sadly. Current 5700 drivers are up to date as well
Hmm. Going from nvidia to AMD, personally, I would wipe all my drives and do a fresh install of windows and make sure all your drivers are new and unencumbered by anything that might still be floating around from nvidia.
If that's a viable option for you, I'd say that's the next step. Fresh install of OS and drivers.

Wait, what's the rest of your system specs? You could be bottle necking your CPU, which would be a more common problem.

Solution