Ac 1900 router Ac 1900 ext and ac 1900 wireless modem internet

dontbekrull_11

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I connect to an AC 1900 broadband cable router and it connects to a ac1900 extender and now i want to connect another wireless AC1900 wireless router in a line without using rj-45 ethernet cable. How can I do this wirelessly?????

Solution
Maybe more what are you trying to accomplish. You can not do router---repeater---repeater--end device. Even if you could you would take a massive performance hit. You already lose 1/2 with just a single repeater.

Now if you get really ambitious you might be able to do this with a "extender" that actually is acting as a router. It would have to take the WiFi as a WAN. To do this the device would have to dedicate a radio to talking to main router on its wan interface. You would either need a device that had a extra dedicated radio for that purpose or just deal with having to use say your 5g radio for a backhual and the 2.4g radio to talk to your end devices.

Still this is not a function you find on common consumer...
Maybe more what are you trying to accomplish. You can not do router---repeater---repeater--end device. Even if you could you would take a massive performance hit. You already lose 1/2 with just a single repeater.

Now if you get really ambitious you might be able to do this with a "extender" that actually is acting as a router. It would have to take the WiFi as a WAN. To do this the device would have to dedicate a radio to talking to main router on its wan interface. You would either need a device that had a extra dedicated radio for that purpose or just deal with having to use say your 5g radio for a backhual and the 2.4g radio to talk to your end devices.

Still this is not a function you find on common consumer devices. You can load third party firmware on router and do it yourself you buy devices that are designed as actual repeaters. Companies that sell outdoor wifi equipment like ubiquiti or engenious have products like this.

Solution