AC: Odyssey Badly Optimized!

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

Who got AC odyssy? is it really badly optimized? I have 4790, rx580 running at 1480mhz and 16GB ram.

I cant run the game at 35FPS om medium settings!!!

I tried multiple AMD driver and all run like crap, is that ubisoft bad optimization?

The funny thing is that is AMD optimized as per the game entry :p

I was wondering; I'm going to do more testing later today. I just played it with my 1080 Ti at 1440p and I was surprised that I was only getting 60fps for the most part and even dropped below. *This was with mostly maxed settings.

I have an RX 580 8GB Nitro+ also, maybe I can test it too.

So the game is poorly optimized.

I haven't had the time to do any testing; but watching this video it shows you should be getting more than 35fps on medium settings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYfeDhUbWVg

They are using a better CPU and faster RAM, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference. They get min 36fps max 47fps at 1080p very high with RX 580 4GB and even higher performance with an RX 570 at medium settings. Are you able to increase settings to very high and get the same performance?

0gHGLMZ.png

j9cb6k4.png

I recorded my system running at 1440p. Appears that my i7-7700K is limiting my GTX 1080 Ti just a little.

Very High settings works better for me. I can at least stay above 60fps for the most part.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIsK58nUcE0"][/video]

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Of course it is badly optimized. They bring the games in such high frequency on the market to make a lot of money, there is not time for optimizing. It's just a year ago that the came out with AC Origins. They try to do open world with best graphics in no time. If they would spend half a year or so on optimizing the game, this would run sooooooo much better! Look what CD PROJECT RED did with the Witcher 3. The kept delaying the game release for optimization and quest design reasons. Witcher 3 was a highly optimized game. AC ODyssey looks great but really eats resources like not many other games. I'm 100% that more time on optimizations would have helped a lot.

Furthermore, this game really really likes a lot of CPU cores and threads. Especially in cities that helps a lot!!

By the way, I am not generally criticizing the game and Ubisoft. I kinda like what they doing with the franchise. I also like that they pushing the graphics quite a bit. Only saying that a little more optimization work would go a long way.