Question AC ODYSSEY fps drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2019
I have horrible fps drops every second, but one thing i did notice is that everytime im in fight , when i lock mouse to specific target , my fps is normal. But when i kill them my mouse unlocks and fps starts droping.
Help pls.

specs:
gpu: MSI GTX 750 TI 2GB
cpu: AMD FX 6100 6 cores
ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz
res: 1360X768

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
when i lock mouse to specific target , my fps is normal. But when i kill them my mouse unlocks and fps starts droping.
If I had to guess as to what's happening here, I'd bet the game engine is reducing the quality on the surrounding terrain and only focusing on the combatants.
Once you kill the enemy(ies), that focus is lost.
Open worlds are harder to render than a specific area.

Dec 16, 2019
My drivers are up to date , but before i could play it with same settings without fps drops
here are the settings:

AA: MEDIUM
Shadows: MEDIUM
Environment: HIGH
Textures: MEDIUM ( i can play it on high ,but the VRAM gets over 2048)
Terrain: HIGH
Clutter : HIGH
Fog: LOW
Water: VERY HIGH
Reflections: HIGH
Clouds: MEDIUM
Character texture: HIGH
The other one for characters i forgot the name of : ULTRA HIGH
Ambient occlusion: VERY HIGH
DOF: OFF

I could play it with textures on high , but now fps drops too much.

Dec 16, 2019
I noticed something. On steam community forum i 've seen somebody say that when they switched ram to dual channel their game was smooth . And before when i had 6gb ram i was only getting stutters, so i bought another stick of 4gb ram . And from there i got the fps drops. I checked in CPU Z and it said I was running dual channel ,but instead of 2200mhz it says 2000mhz. Could this problem be because of my ram? Let me know.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I noticed something. On steam community forum i 've seen somebody say that when they switched ram to dual channel their game was smooth . And before when i had 6gb ram i was only getting stutters, so i bought another stick of 4gb ram . And from there i got the fps drops. I checked in CPU Z and it said I was running dual channel ,but instead of 2200mhz it says 2000mhz. Could this problem be because of my ram? Let me know.
When mixing ram, if the modules have different speeds, the faster ones will clock down to match the slower ones.

I'm surprised Cpu-Z says you're in dual channel even though the dimms capacities are different.

What are your cpu temps with AMD Overdrive?

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, definitely get those settings much lower. Things like ambient occlusion, which are real GPU chewers, should not be anywhere near Very High. When you're not even at the minimum spec for GPU, you can't afford to have these kinds of settings higher than Low.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu usage is pretty much maxed, and temps are barely acceptable.

Normally, you need to lower settings to get better fps, but if it doesn't change, that means you need a stronger cpu.

We also don't know if you're running single or dual channel memory.

Dec 16, 2019
i have 3 things to tell you:
1- I've literally put the settings to the lowest the game alows me to with resolution modifier to 50% and still fps drops.
2- I have played it before on same settings with textures on high , there was no problem at all.
3- I remembered that before i have downloaded windows 7 from getintopc.com and i installed AC Odyssey and it started fps dropping ( Before that i've NEVER seen those fps drops) and i installed windows 10 again and i still get fps drops. Could this windows file left viruses on my pc? Let me know what you think.

Dec 16, 2019
And one more thing ,i think i found what's the problem. Im playing CPY cracked version 1.0.6. I have now researched the performance about the 1.0.6 patch and they say there are horrible fps drops just like mine. I am not going to spend money one some single player game, but i dont think there are updates for cracked version. And i remember that the version which had good performance was i think from noSteam , but i dont remember it quite well.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
i have 3 things to tell you:
1- I've literally put the settings to the lowest the game alows me to with resolution modifier to 50% and still fps drops.
2- I have played it before on same settings with textures on high , there was no problem at all.
3- I remembered that before i have downloaded windows 7 from getintopc.com and i installed AC Odyssey and it started fps dropping ( Before that i've NEVER seen those fps drops) and i installed windows 10 again and i still get fps drops. Could this windows file left viruses on my pc? Let me know what you think.

Just run a virus scan and see. I have no idea who 'getintopc.com' is and I would have never trusted them. Whatever you download from any site, make sure you scan it first before you open it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You're hard cpu limited then.

And one more thing ,i think i found what's the problem. Im playing CPY cracked version 1.0.6. I have now researched the performance about the 1.0.6 patch and they say there are horrible fps drops just like mine. I am not going to spend money one some single player game, but i dont think there are updates for cracked version. And i remember that the version which had good performance was i think from noSteam , but i dont remember it quite well.
And that's where you messed up.

This forum has rules regarding pirated/cracked software; no support.

Purchase the legit version, you'll likely have fewer issues.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Try not stealing the game. Purchase it from a legitimate source and your problems will be solved. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.