Question AC ORIGINS. My pc performs way worse compared to the benchmarks on youtube

tomekzakoscielny1

Reputable
Sep 13, 2017
Hi. I have old pc (hand built)
Fx 8320 clocked at 4.2 ghz
rx 480 8gb
kingston hyperx 1600mhz (oc to 1866) 4x4gb
crucial ssd with 500 mb/s read 250 gb. 110GB free
PSU XFX TS 550W
MOBO M5A97 R2.0
PC is around 6 yo and it runs fine besides these two games (AC origins and oddysey)
I got them on ubisoft store so yeah
Before I run games cpu is used by 6% memory by 30% rest stays basically unused (according to task manager)
Both cpu and gpu are used at 60% max.
No matter what graphics I set,from low to highest and no matter what resolution,game behavior is the same there are no fps to be gained.
I don't know why it's happening.
anyone got any ideas? I've even done clean windows 10 install,got drivers etc ready but that changed nothing.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

"old pc": make, model?

Motherboard
CPU
GPU
RAM
Disk drive(s) (make, model, capacity, how full)?
PSU (make, model, wattage, age, condition)?

Game "on sale" - source(Ubisoft)?

Look in Windows Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Determine what system resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

First before playing AC Origins and then while playing AC Origins.

Try to identify the bottleneck or some change in system usage when the game slows down.

tomekzakoscielny1

Reputable
Sep 13, 2017
Hi. I've spent a lot of time trying to get Origins working but sadly,despite ubisoft claiming it would run on my pc,I failed to make it playable.

At least Oddysey runs at 30 fps minimum and I've heard it's the better one so yeah it's something
Mods please close this thread as I've lost hope. Thanks