Question AC Valhalla looks washed-out and the lighting is messed up in default settings on my Zephyrus G15 laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevuSin

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
I have been playing AC Valhalla on my Zephyrus G15 (RTX 3060) with no problem but suddenly today saw this wierd lighting throughout the whole game. Its as if this too bright light is rolling over the environment every 30s in which the place illuminated turns extremely bright and saturated while the one in shadows looks good. Things get bad when I'm In the longhouse and get worse when i'm inside randvi room. Also noticed that the shield on my back becomes invisible again and again while I'm standing or running on its own which along with other materials in the near vicinity. Technically it should look like this.

I've tried all the settings of brightness, saturation in image calibration, tried every graphics settings. Everything is default in game options and Nvidia settings but this doesn't go away for some reason. Before it was working fine but suddenly its not. All drivers are updated as well. Is there something which is not right or I need to change something? How do I fix this? Thanks.

Last edited:

DevuSin

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2014
Could it be HDR settings?
Could be the game:
Bad HDR
weird lighting and shadows

One case of an invisible shield in game - https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78299/the-first-shield-invisible?lang=en-US
My laptop doesn't support HDR so its disabled. The game was working fine for many days now but suddenly the light is making it unplayable. Also the link to the discussion didn't lead to anywhere. The shield glitching solved on its own in that case.. mine didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.