AC voltage from an ARII, what frequency?

I've kinda wondered this for a while and reminded by a recent thread,
how are the AC voltages derived for various games such as Space Duel?
And more interestingly, what frequency, and does the frequency matter?

Now isn't there usually a line filter on the raw 120VAC coming in, and
doesn't that notch out 60 Hz?

And, I wouldn't think that VAC frequency would matter since it's all
the same for RMS voltage, but if I wanted to build my own AC power
supply, would the frequency matter at all?

- Craig (who has already had too much coffee this morning)