Question acbel power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Stay away from Acbel. Horrible quality.

PSU models that should never be trusted OR USED AT ALL, under any circumstances, include

Acbel, A-Top, AK Power, Alpine, Apevia, Apex (Supercase/Allied), Artic, Ace, Aerocool (There might be one model worth using, but I'd still avoid them.), Aspire (Turbocase), Atadc, Atrix, Broadway com corp, Chieftech, Circle, CIT, Coolmax, Deer, Diablotek, Dynapower, Dynex, Eagletech, Enlight, Eurotech, Evo labs, EZ cool, Feedtek, Foxconn, G7, HEC/Compucase Orion, HEDY, High power, iBall, iStar computer co., Jeantec, JPac, Just PC, Kolink, LC Power, Linkworld electronics, Logisys, Macron, MSI, NmediaPC, Norwood Micro (CompUSA), Okia, Powercool, Powmax, Pulsepower, Q-tec, Raidmax, Rave, Rocketfish, Segotep, SFC, Sharkoon, Shuttle, Skyhawk, Spire, Startech, Storm, Sumvision, Tesla, Trust, Ultra, Wintech, Winpower, Xilence (Until I see a reputable review of a model showing different), xTreme (Cyberpower), Youngbear and Zebronics.

Last edited:
No. Stay away from Acbell. Horrible quality.

PSU models that should never be trusted OR USED AT ALL, under any circumstances, include

Acbell, A-Top, AK Power, Alpine, Apevia, Apex (Supercase/Allied), Artic, Ace, Aerocool (There might be one model worth using, but I'd still avoid them.), Aspire (Turbocase), Atadc, Atrix, Broadway com corp, Chieftech, Circle, CIT, Coolmax, Deer, Diablotek, Dynapower, Dynex, Eagletech, Enlight, Eurotech, Evo labs, EZ cool, Feedtek, Foxconn, G7, HEC/Compucase Orion, HEDY, High power, iBall, iStar computer co., Jeantec, JPac, Just PC, Kolink, LC Power, Linkworld electronics, Logisys, Macron, MSI, NmediaPC, Norwood Micro (CompUSA), Okia, Powercool, Powmax, Pulsepower, Q-tec, Raidmax, Rave, Rocketfish, Segotep, SFC, Sharkoon, Shuttle, Skyhawk, Spire, Startech, Storm, Sumvision, Tesla, Trust, Ultra, Wintech, Winpower, Xilence (Until I see a reputable review of a model showing different), xTreme (Cyberpower), Youngbear and Zebronics.

Very generalized list. Probably made by someone that was half baked.

power supply called acbell fs7013 500w. Can run an Amd rx 570

First off: It's Acbel, not Acbell (only one "l").

Acbel is a tier one supplier and they actually make power supplies for Dell, HP, Lenovo, Apple, Supermicro, etc.

They've been out of the retail market for quite some time. Last one jonnyguru.com reviewed was almost 10 years ago, but it got an 8.5/10.

That said: The FS7013 is only a mediocre PSU. I'm guessing you found it used or something... probably pulled out of an HP, Gateway, Dell, etc.

It just not worth whatever they're asking for it. I'm telling you that right now. While it's not a "bad" PSU, it's old, it has limited capability and number of connectors (due to the fact that it was made for an SI) and isn't very efficient (only 80 PLUS).

Really? Because the very FEW reviews that I've seen for Acbel units have all been poor or at best, as you say, mediocre. Mostly, poor. Very poor. I can't speak to the OEM units they supply, because we know those don't generally get reviewed, but all their aftermarket units that I've ever looked at in the past have been pretty bad. There were a good many they made for Cooler Master, and they left much to be desired.

Reviews like this one:

Even you yourself said in one of the JG threads that Acbel had told you that their units were rated for 35°C when in fact it turned out they were only rated for 25°C. Overall, I don't see this being a brand anybody should be looking to for use with a gaming system these days and probably shouldn't use ANY power supply only rated for 25°C with any system employing an actual gaming card. I think we both know you wouldn't use one of their units in any of your own systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Mar 11, 2020
From experience Bought a prebuilt system two years and without knowing about building a computer then I noticed every time I shifted the PC case around the computer would shutoff.Replaced it with a SeaSonic PSU and now the issue is gone.I do not think ACBEL make good quality PSUs

Really? Because the very FEW reviews that I've seen for Acbel units have all been poor or at best, as you say, mediocre. Mostly, poor. Very poor. I can't speak to the OEM units they supply, because we know those don't generally get reviewed, but all their aftermarket units that I've ever looked at in the past have been pretty bad. There were a good many they made for Cooler Master, and they left much to be desired.

Reviews like this one:

Even you yourself said in one of the JG threads that Acbel had told you that their units were rated for 35°C when in fact it turned out they were only rated for 25°C. Overall, I don't see this being a brand anybody should be looking to for use with a gaming system these days and probably shouldn't use ANY power supply only rated for 25°C with any system employing an actual gaming card. I think we both know you wouldn't use one of their units in any of your own systems.

That iPower 660W review is very old. And unfortunately, they re-used the iPower brand for many different series. The one in Gabe's review being the cheapest of all of them.

The newer iPower (Gold) are pretty good. And even the R9 faired "well", but it's plaqued with the same issues that plague FSP's active clamp units.

Also, the OEM units tend to be quite good.

I was addressing, specifically, the very alarmist statement of "never be trusted OR USED AT ALL, under any circumstances". That's simply not true of most of what they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.