[SOLVED] Accdiently installed dch drivers

Oct 17, 2021
So I accidentally installed a dch driver for a system that only uses standard drivers so I instantly deleted it does this cause any problem?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021
No. There's no difference between the DCH and Standard drives other than where you get the control panel from.

EDIT: Well there are technically more differences, but not enough to matter from a DIY perspective.
Oh okay thank you for letting me know and since I deleted it with ddu it doesn't really matter right?

Oh okay thank you for letting me know and since I deleted it with ddu it doesn't really matter right?
No, it doesn't.

If you really want to know more about DCH style drivers, it's more for system builders. It allows system builders to make their own customizations on top of a baseline driver, so you can update the baseline driver without waiting for the system builder to update the entire package. The caveat is for some reason the driver control software has to come from the Microsoft Store.

Oct 17, 2021
No, it doesn't.

If you really want to know more about DCH style drivers, it's more for system builders. It allows system builders to make their own customizations on top of a baseline driver, so you can update the baseline driver without waiting for the system builder to update the entire package. The caveat is for some reason the driver control software has to come from the Microsoft Store.
Oh okay thank you for letting me know I hope you have a great rest of your day

Reactions: hotaru.hino