[SOLVED] Accelero Xtreme IV can it fit to my gpu?

xristosimprezas

Commendable
Jan 19, 2018
Hi people i accidently destroyed the fans of my gpu dont ask me how :(
i found this Accelero Xtreme IV in only 1 shop in my country and i wanna know if it can fit on my gpu for 100%
in the manual it says Accelero Xtreme IV is compatible only with the graphics card using a standard size PCB with a width of 98mm.
my gpu is MSI GAMING X 1080 can you please confirm if it will work?

Solution
I don't see why it wouldn't. However, if the heatsink is still intact, just strap two 120mm fans to it. Usually does the job pretty well. As long as the GPU doesn't overheat it will ignore fan speed inputs. And if it does, it will only throttle, not stop working.

PCB looks to be about 130mm tall, however, that shouldn't matter to the main accelero IV heatsink. You might not be able to use the heatsink they have for the back, but you might be able to keep your original backplate depending on how everything fits together.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see why it wouldn't. However, if the heatsink is still intact, just strap two 120mm fans to it. Usually does the job pretty well. As long as the GPU doesn't overheat it will ignore fan speed inputs. And if it does, it will only throttle, not stop working.

PCB looks to be about 130mm tall, however, that shouldn't matter to the main accelero IV heatsink. You might not be able to use the heatsink they have for the back, but you might be able to keep your original backplate depending on how everything fits together.

Last edited:
Solution