Accept payment on website without doing any business?

stark08

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
I am making a website and want to have a PayPal payment gateway on the website but I do not own a business. can I do this without owning a website, if no then are there any alternatives to Paypal which helps me to do so?

Regards

stark08

Prominent
Mar 4, 2019
Why would you need a way to take payments if you don't have a business?
just wanted to know. For example if a website provide some service for a monthly paid subscription but ran by a single person,he/she must have a way to accept payment.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The easiest method to do so would simply be to link your PayPal email along with some instructions to the payee. One of the forums I like to use has a subscription based pay system for access and the ability to upload pics.

If you have a monthly subscription service for something that people must pay for in order to get, then THAT "is" a business. Regardless, payment can be done a variety of ways including the embedded paypal application which I have zero idea on how to implement because I have never had a need to use it or you can simply instruct purchasers to make payment to the paypal account created in your name by sending the money to the email address attached to that (your) paypal account. If you have them send it as a gift, rather than as a purchase, I believe you will reduce some costs but you'll have to investigate that further yourself.

Yeah, could be tax consequences here. In the least, you might be considered a sole proprietorship even if you don't register your activity as an official business or anything, and you'd have to pay taxes, either by default or after a certain threshold of income is reached, but I'm no accountant.

Reactions: Ralston18