[SOLVED] Acceptable coil whine noise ?

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hi ,
I am having some coil whine on my gpu since I bought it my previous gpu didin't have any or at least were not audible .
Mine I can hear it without earphones with earphones at sound volume at at least 20 on Windows is almost inaudible ., I would't
say inaudible at all because I think I can hear it if I focus on the sound again and not on the games or music or whatever , but this coil whine sound only happens when gamimg anyway , on internet I can't hear it at all.
I will leave one recording , as it was recorded very close to gpu the fans are making some noise too , but tgey aren't the problem .
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1dUoXcRTiU4

I know that I've made some other posts about other gpu concerns , and sotry about it , but as I bought it second hand I am just making sure everything is allright and if I can have the gpu at least for some more years .

Pc specs :
XFX rx 580 gts xxx 4gb
Corsair vs550
Msi a88xm-E35
AMD s8 6600k

Give me a new cpu , motherboard and Ram kit (AM4 socket ) hahhah
Just kidding .

Solution
If you hear it in games and not when the card isn't being used as much I think it's most likely coil whine and in general coil whine doesn't hurt anything.

If you can deal with it....I would deal with it.

I don't think it will reduce the life of the card.
If you hear it in games and not when the card isn't being used as much I think it's most likely coil whine and in general coil whine doesn't hurt anything.

If you can deal with it....I would deal with it.

I don't think it will reduce the life of the card.

Solution