Acceptable framerate for GTX 980 SLi??

May 29, 2018
Hello all,

I was just hoping to get some input and advice for my rig with regard to Rainbow Six Siege. I'm currently running 2 GTX 980's (4gig) in SLI with an I7-2600K. Problem is that I'm trying to play Siege at 1920x1080 at, for the most part max, settings. Below is a capture of what I currently have some settings at.

Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 16X
Shadow Quality: Very High
Shading Quality: High
Resolution: 1920x1080
Post-Process Anti-Aliasing: None
LOD Quality: Ultra

At the present the game sort of hovers around 60 fps, but during most matches it will hover around 43. To me, it seems like two GTX 980's should be able to handle the game at the settings I mentioned above beyond 60 fps. I was wondering if these numbers sound normal considering the info above or whether this could indicate something wrong with my computer. Any input/advice would be appreciated as I look into this more.

Thanks

May 29, 2018

Thanks for replying,

Vsynch was initially enabled however when I cut off and began playing with the settings I got all kinds of weird results. First was the fact I have a 3-monitor setup, 2- 24" monitors and a single 27" monitor I have as the primary that I play games on. When I removed power completely to the other two monitors I noticed a jump in about 20fps which was crazy. So now with a majority of setting maxed I'm getting around 55-75 fps... Does this sound normal??

Thanks