Access Denied Error When Running Msconfig - Again

CC

Why doesn't this forum bump posts when you reply to them? What good does it
do me to reply when the thread keeps sinking?????????

Anyway...I did a search on my computer and have only found these 2 files
relating to msconfig:

msconfig
msconfig.exe-35e4dae9.pf

Are these the two files I'm supposed to have on my system?

WinXP Home/SP2

Here is my last post for context.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&tid=1e0d3527-1dbb-416e-bedb-c85782cc57d4&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&p=1

"CC" <CC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why doesn't this forum bump posts when you reply to them? What good
> does it do me to reply when the thread keeps sinking?????????
>
> Anyway...I did a search on my computer and have only found these 2
> files relating to msconfig:
>
> msconfig
> msconfig.exe-35e4dae9.pf
>
> Are these the two files I'm supposed to have on my system?
>
> WinXP Home/SP2
>
> Here is my last post for context.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&tid=1e0d3527-1dbb-416e-bedb-c85782cc57d4&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&p=1

I would bet that if you open Windows Explorer and click Tools | Folder
Options | View that it is set to hide file extensions for known settings, a
terrible default. The first is probably msconfig.exe, which is a file you
should keep. The second is the prefetch file for msconfig. You can delete
it if you want. I'm not sure what this has to do with Kelly's answer.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

CC wrote:

> Why doesn't this forum bump posts when you reply to them? What good does it
> do me to reply when the thread keeps sinking?????????
>
> Anyway...I did a search on my computer and have only found these 2 files
> relating to msconfig:
>
> msconfig
> msconfig.exe-35e4dae9.pf
>
> Are these the two files I'm supposed to have on my system?
>
> WinXP Home/SP2
>
> Here is my last post for context.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general&tid=1e0d3527-1dbb-416e-bedb-c85782cc57d4&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&p=1

Firstly this is not a forum it's newsgroup, and as such bump doesn't
work. You are using the web interface to access this newsgroup which is
horrible. Try using a newsreader. XP has one built in, outlook
express, though there certainly are others. Here is a link to using OE
For viewing newsgroups:

Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

TRENDING THREADS