tried to open msconfig from cmd

got error 'access denied'

it says i have to log on as administrator

i thought i was the adminsitrator

it is a stand-alone home computer

trouble-shoot?

kelly

Why do you need to open msconfig from cmd? What are trying to accomplish?
In the meantime:

Check for an option to not having the icon load in the System Tray via the
program(s) in question.

Other options for removal:

Go to Start/Run and type in: msconfig. Go to the Startup Tab and uncheck
accordingly. Then run this script to remove the disabled items from the
registry.

Tip:

Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup and Selective Startup (Line 148)

Or...remove the runkeys from here: Start/Run/Regedit

Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

Troubleshooting the Notification Area
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_n.htm#na

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.

"v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> tried to open msconfig from cmd
>
> got error 'access denied'
>
> it says i have to log on as administrator
>
> i thought i was the adminsitrator
>
> it is a stand-alone home computer
>
> trouble-shoot?

Try running this from the MACHINE administrator account (to access this on
WinXP Home, you must boot into safe mode)

If it works for the machine administrator, then use the same account to
check your access permissions to the C:\Windows directory. Also check the
C:\Windows\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries (this is where msconfig is placed on XP
Home, i naturally assume it's the same for both XPs)

Once you've checked access permissions try running it again from your user
(in normal boot mode for Home)

Hope this helped you

BTW: liked the formatting on your post
Jayso

Please reply to this email so I know if i'm right :)

Good in Home Networking, XP Home based problems, and Pro based Problems
Add my email to MSN Messenger if u wish
jayso_chinnery@spamfreehotmail.com.au (remove spamfree)

"v4t9hy3d8" <h23@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> tried to open msconfig from cmd
>
> got error 'access denied'
>
> it says i have to log on as administrator
>
> i thought i was the adminsitrator
>
> it is a stand-alone home computer
>
> trouble-shoot?

TRENDING THREADS