"Access is Denied!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I tried to delete a program in my drive D: because i wanted to move it to drive E:, (delete and just reinstall the program...unless you have an easier solution), and it asks me for permission to delete it, which is quite stupid because...im the owner? Anyway, how do i give myself "permission"

EDIT : Also another problem im having is with Firefox, the only problem with it is that the signature, or avatar (of the fox around the globe) is just that paper thing, like the avatar is broken or something. (Probably has something to do with me moving it to drive E: but i dunno how to fix it x.x)

Thanks

Right click on the folder and go to Properties. Click the Security tab and then click Advanced. Select the Owner tab and click Edit. Pick the new owner of your desire and check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" box. Apply and OK out of everything back to the Security tab in the folder Properties window. Select the same account you just made the owner of the object and make sure that account has Full Control rights.

You should now be able to do anything you want with the folder.

TheViper

Distinguished
Use the uninstall program utility in the Control Panel.

As for your edit, do you mean the icon on your desktop? If so, go to program list from the Start button. Click the Mozilla Firefox folder. Right click Firefox. Select Send To "Desktop (create shortcut)".

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009

No firefox works fine, i simply cant see the avatar of the fox going around the globe...lemme find a picture

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/firefox_.jpg

i cant see that avatar thing, might be because downloaded it into E:

Thank you prophecy, ill try that once i buy a new PSU

TheViper

Distinguished
Where exactly is it missing from? That image is shown in a few locations such as in the taskbar, the desktop icon, start menu, program list, etc... Which location has the logo replaced with a broken image icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.