Access my webcamera which is connected to my router

Greek_PC_Builder

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
Hello everybody!
My router has a usb port and I've connected my usb webcam in that port. I was wondering if there is a way to access my webcam through my router so I can view the video streaming from the webcam. Thanks in advance!!!

Solution
I doubt it almost every USB devices needs some form of device driver. Some router now have drivers for some USB broadband modems and some of the more standard storage devices but i have never seen one for web cams.

Now if the router is running linux based third party firmware and there is a linux driver for your cam you might get it to work but you may have to actually relink the router firmware which is not trivial.
I doubt it almost every USB devices needs some form of device driver. Some router now have drivers for some USB broadband modems and some of the more standard storage devices but i have never seen one for web cams.

Now if the router is running linux based third party firmware and there is a linux driver for your cam you might get it to work but you may have to actually relink the router firmware which is not trivial.

Solution