Access point problems

supergluu

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
So I have a fairly large house. Unfortunately my modem and main router (linksys)are downstairs and the wifi is not very good upstairs. I had a spare router (Netgear) that I am trying to set up as an access point but I just can't get it to work and I'm not sure why. Here's my network: modem and main router downstairs. I ran a network cable up through the Attic to a D-Link switch in my closet. From that switch I branched off and wired most of the rooms with a network jack. By main PC area I have another Linksys switch that supplies my PC, my wife's PC, my work laptop, and the print server. I want to install the second router off of the closet switch (D-Link) as an access point to give the upstairs better wifi coverage. I've configured the router for access point mode and connect to the switch but the wifi just won't work. Connected no internet. Any ideas?

Images of the gear Gear https://imgur.com/gallery/HLDbd

supergluu

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017

Sorry not a Netgear but an Asus . It has the option to put it router, repeater, or access point mode. I selected access point mode. Told it which SSID and then it connects but it kills my whole wifi.