[SOLVED] Access problem Ps4 and Pc on same connection

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I believe and hope this is the right section to ask for help regarding my problem.
In short, I use the same connection with my brother, me via PC and he via Ps4, both with wired connection.
While playing Call Of Duty Cold War, from Ps4 he cannot access to Modern Warfare, or even Warzone, in practice, if one is already in the game the other cannot access.
I tried disabling the upnp from the router, setting the ip of the computer or playstation as an exception to the DMZ, open the nat on both platforms but we never manage to access one before the other.
Has anyone had the same problem, or has some tips?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
A gaming VPN is normally used to try and get a shorter path from a VPN server to the game server(over hyped). This is to try and reduce latency(ping). But in your case, a VPN also creates an encrypted tunnel between you and the VPN server which will be on a different port than the game. So the game server and the VPN server will be the one's communicating together with ports opened up there instead.

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
I don't know about italy, but most ISP routers in the united states have a "Bridge Mode" which makes the router act like a modem, so you can use your own router.
I see, well I tried changing physical port, ip's and nat ports but for some reason there's always an interference problems.

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
Look through the menu's of the router to see if it has PPPoE passthrough or Bridge Mode. There has to be some kind of model number labeled on the Router.
Okay I checked and the only things I can manage are: Upnp, port mapping and Dmz. I already tried these options but the problem was the same.

A gaming VPN is normally used to try and get a shorter path from a VPN server to the game server(over hyped). This is to try and reduce latency(ping). But in your case, a VPN also creates an encrypted tunnel between you and the VPN server which will be on a different port than the game. So the game server and the VPN server will be the one's communicating together with ports opened up there instead.

Solution

thatskuroo

Prominent
Jun 21, 2020
Okay but if i use the Vpn I'll be anyways connected to my internet but through another "channel"? oh and this thing is paid or free?

TRENDING THREADS