Access to file denied

Hi. On one computer W2K crashed, and I couldn't repair it. On the hard drive
where it was installed is located outlook.pst file.
c:\Documents and Settings\User\Local settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Now, when I installed the hard drive to another computer, how could I copy
the .pst file so that I could import it?

Best regards, Alfred

You would need to logon as an administrator and if you still are not allowed access
take ownership of the folder/file which will allow you to change permissions to grant
yourself full control and then you can gain access. You can see and change
permissions on the file in file/properties/security. To change ownership go to the
advanced page of the security page/ownership - select administrators and change
ownership. --- Steve

"Alfred Berg" <alfrednussi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. On one computer W2K crashed, and I couldn't repair it. On the hard drive
> where it was installed is located outlook.pst file.
> c:\Documents and Settings\User\Local settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook
>
> Now, when I installed the hard drive to another computer, how could I copy
> the .pst file so that I could import it?
>
> Best regards, Alfred

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:00:55 +0300, "Alfred Berg"
<alfrednussi@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi. On one computer W2K crashed, and I couldn't repair it. On the hard drive
>where it was installed is located outlook.pst file.
>c:\Documents and Settings\User\Local settings\Application
>Data\Microsoft\Outlook
>
>Now, when I installed the hard drive to another computer, how could I copy
>the .pst file so that I could import it?

Porbably have to be a local admin and take ownership of the file.
Assuming it's intact.

Jeff