Access to Samsung S6 Active data without permission

munkyG

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
This morning I was using a Samsung S6 Active while on crutches. The phone slipped and fell on it's back, not only breaking the glass but completely disabling the screen. Other than that the phone still works, I was able to access with the interface in my truck.

I upgraded to the S7 Active this afternoon through my provider AT&T. They sent me home with both phones saying I needed to transfer the data that did not come through via Google. I already had SmartSwitch installed, and it will make contact with the broken phone, but in the phone itself there is a security feature that requires me to allow access by swiping the screen. Since the screen is completely black, there is no way for me to interact with it.

I called Samsung tech support and they say they have nothing, but that I might try contacting Google, AT&T, etc. Since I just left the AT&T store, that leaves Google, and I know that the data that did already transfer came from there, so...

Does anyone know how to bypass that security, or remove the phone's hard drive and connect directly?

munkyG

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

This phone only has two points of access; MicroUSB and 1/8" . Can I use the MicroUSB to extend the screen without being able to set it up first from within the phone?

Are you trying to get data off of it, or wipe it? If you are trying to wipe it, you can put it download mode, and reflash it using odin or something similar, no problem. Getting data off of it becomes trickier, especially if it was encrypted.

If it wasn't encrypted, had a custom ROM and recovery, getting data off of it becomes a bit easier. What kind of data are you trying to get? The easiest thing to do here, maybe to replace the screen.

munkyG

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

munkyG

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I lost some contacts that were not backed up. Which ones and why I do not know.

I have everything I else need. I was lucky in that I moved over 800 photos , wiping the phone clean again, just yesterday

Encryption, if any, was not by my design. But it was not that long ago I could just connect my phone to the PC and not have to give permission, so I am not sure what Samsung has changed in some recent update

munkyG

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

I looked at that cable. Would I need to interact with the phone to set it up?