Question Win10 Access violation in games on first boot per day (almost per day)

Sep 24, 2019
Greetings everyone.

So, the problem today is:
I turn off my PC everyday before going to sleep. Next time I boot my PC and start up a game this game crashes (usually at 7 p.m. but upon performing a boot at 7-8 a.m. crashes occure too). In the event viewer (or in a pop-up dialogue window) it's described as access violation (0xc000005). It happens for several weeks only in games such as Sea of Thieves, World of Warcraft, even Minecraft. Sea of Thieves crashes only when I am in a game session, I've never had any crash in a start menu, where my character is rendered. WoW crashes even from logging screen, Minecraft crashed while loading. The fun thing is when this crash occurs no game will launch properly. What do I do to solve it? I reboot. It completely solves this problem for the rest of the time before turning off the PC. I can play any game for any time that I want without any problem.

Basically, the event chain looks like:
Starting PC -> Launching a game -> Crashing -> Reboot -> Playing freely

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 - 8600K
Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070
Mobo: Gigabyte B360M DS3H
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb (2x8) (HX426C16FW2K2/16) (Nanya chipsets)
PS: Zalman ZM750-EBT
SSD: Intel 760p Series (SSDPEKKW512G8XT)
HDD: Samsung HD103 Series, 1tb (I'm uncertain about this, if you need, I can specify it more clearly later)

Of course I've tried to solve it, here's what I've tried (everything listed was performed after dealing with BSODs):
  • Updating BIOS to the most recent version;
  • Updating all drivers I can (I've downloaded every driver for mobo and I've clicked every single device in Windows);
  • Fresh OS install after wagging a war against BSODs, I've solved them on current setup;
  • Running Driver Verifier. Everything was fine, but upon launching Sea of Thieves it gave me BSOD that was pointing to my netcard. After updating coreesponding driver I've received a BSOD, so I've reverted this change;
  • Turning off hybernation and fast boot;
  • Removing Intel Turbo Boost and checking for other overclocking mechanisms (I had none);
  • Trying to insert RAM to other pair of ports (this is the exception - I did it while trying to fix BSODs);
  • Disabling integrated video (it enhanced my video performance btw, though I've had no other videodrive in device manager);
  • Running Memtest for 3 hours - zero errors;
  • SFC, DISM, Windows memory checker, some official Intel utilities for checking CPU and SSD health;
  • Disabling DEP, turned it back on after crash, that've resulted into BSOD (or just silent reboot, I don't remember);
  • Disabling Windows updates with group policy;
  • Disabling some events in Scheduler, that had everyday timer and that were not crucial for the system (sending data for software improving programme and something like that).
As i mentioned, I had a war with BSODs. They were quite random without any driver in dump (only ntoskernel one of course). Analyzing them with WinDBG gave me nothing. I've solved them with updating mobo driver and/or deleting Logitech Gaming Software (for my mouse) with all involving drivers.

Some cases:
Common, happens everytime: Turn off at 11 p.m. -> turn on at 7 p.m. next day -> crash -> reboot -> everything is good.
Tried for fun, happens everytime: Turn off at 11 p.m. -> turn on at 7 a.m. -> crash [-> reboot -> everything is good] -> turn off at 7-8 a.m. -> turn on at 7 p.m. -> still crashing -> reboot -> everything is good.
Tried to replicate a bug once: Turn off at 11 p.m. -> turn on at 1 p.m. -> crash -> turn off -> waiting for 15-20 minutes -> turn on -> everything is good (???).
Rebooting several times after a crash doesn't evoke any new crashes.
By the way, at the beggining of this story after dealing with BSODs I had some "page crashes" in browsers while watching video (or even listening to music once), pages just crashed with message in the middle like "Oops". Tried to install Opera insted of Chrome - happened once since then, I think.
Perhaps "browser page crash" or even Memory Management BSOD can still occur after an access violation (I had these cases just after dealing with random BSODs) if I do not perform a reboot immediately, but I wouldn't like to check it.

I will appreciate any help, you are my only hope :D

Last edited: