Accessing at&t modem

astrohm93

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014
Hey guys need some help,

I have a Pace 5268AC modem with my at&t internet. I'm trying to access the modem through my browser to do port forwarding and just to be able to actually log into it. But when I put 192.168.1.254 it says this site cannot be reached. I've tried all the at&t troubleshooting but nothing. I can get into it on my phone but not my pc. (btw I've tried with a wireless and wired connection)

Anybody have ideas why? I know I can do everything on my phone but it would be a lot easier on my pc.

Thanks!

thatmoney

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
That is odd usually when you can get your phone to connect to the modem your computer works too. Have you tried using a different browser? Internet Explorer is apparently useful when connecting to old web pages.

Where did you get this IP address from? Routers and modem/routers are usually given the number x.x.x.1. So 192.168.1.1.

Open a command prompt. Type ipconfig and hit enter. Look for the IP address of the "Default Gateway". That's the IP address of your router.

astrohm93

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014
Yea the IP address I mentioned above is both on my modem and under default gateway. I'm thinking it has something to do with a firewall. It still doesn't make sense though. With the firewall enabled it says this site can't be reached. When I disable all firewalls it says "your internet access is blocked"

Check to see if your PC and/or the PC's browsers are configured with a proxy. When you use a proxy, web requests are sent to the proxy computer (sometimes on another network), which then forwards it to the web at large.

So if you're trying to access a local device (like 192.168.1.254) and your browser sends the request to a proxy, the proxy computer will try to access 192.168.1.254. If there is no such device on the proxy computer's network, then it will time out with a site not found error.

If you're using or have installed some sort of anonymizing software or a VPN, that may be the reason for the proxy. If you've never used those and as far as you know your PC's network connection is vanilla, then it can be a sign that you've been infected by malware. The proxy acts as a man-in-the-middle, bypassing any SSL encryption thus allowing the proxy computer to view all your passwords and sessions.

astrohm93

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014
As far as I know I have never used a proxy. And I'm also pretty sure I don't have any malware as my pc build is fairly new and I've always had good internet security software installed