[SOLVED] Accessing CCTV with my pc

Jan 23, 2019
HI . I have a swann DVR system with 4 cameras, I can access this ok it's IP address is 192.168.1.196.attached via Ethernet cables to my BT homehub 6 ( using "BT homespot" devices)

I bought another one to cover another part of the house, set it up , connected it to mains and homespot using ethernet cable and used the QR sticker to add new device on the mobile app but it won't connect , says "login failed". I can see the new CCTV DVR on my BT home hub 6 connected as ip address 192.168.1.100 and also the original DVR as 192.168.1.196. it states they are both connected and I've checked all the parameters and they all seem to be the same. I've tried accessing it from my PC using the same network and the mobile app , both state " login failed" ! Any ideas? I've posted this on the swann community but have had no responses . I've rebooted everything a few times from the mains

Solution

Did you try adding the port to the URL to access the unit. Looking at the user's manual for the model you provided, it looks like that should work.

kanewolf

Titan

That sounds like it is not a conflict between the two. Now you need to test the other extreme, does the first one work without the second?

Are you trying to access these units with a Swann APP or with a browser? Can you ping each unit?

Jan 23, 2019
I'm using the swann viewer V2.1.2.43 on my PC off the same router to access the original one, I tried to add the new device to this viewer using the UID which came up with "login failed"' work, then I tried the IP address of 192.168.1.100 with port 85

kanewolf

Titan

Did you try adding the port to the URL to access the unit. Looking at the user's manual for the model you provided, it looks like that should work.

Solution