Question Accessing Content/ Files of Intel SSD from laptop with SATA/USB Cable

Jun 8, 2019
I have an Intel Solid State Drive and the SATA/USB Cable. I am trying to access the files on the SSD, but when I plug into my laptop, I am not able to access them.

I can go into my partition page on Windows and see the SSD on Disk 1. It says it is healthy and active. However I don't know how to actually access the files when I have plugged it into my laptop. Nothing comes up on my file explorer.

The SSD is an Intel Pro 1500

Thanks for any help!

Jun 8, 2019
Have you assigned a drive letter to it in Disk Management?
Being a "Pro' drive, it may also have hardware data encryption preventing you from seeing any files on it if it was ever enabled.
No I have not assigned a letter drive to it. How would you go about doing that? When I right-clicked on it, there weren't many options that I saw.

Oh okay, so if that encryption is on, I won't be able to access them?

Thanks

popatim

Titan
In Disk Management, in the lower section you will see the disks listed on the left side and showing their partitions on the right, Rt Click a partition and you'll see the option to assign or change drive letters.

If encryption was turned on on the system it came out of then No you will not have access to the data until you unlock the drive. I would have liked to say 'unlock it using the password' but depending on the system, what you type in for the password isn't what is always sent to the drive to unlock it :(