[SOLVED] Accessing Data from PC to MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hershgupta

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
So 1 week ago I bought MAC and started using it and this is my first Apple device that I have ever bought. It's a MacBook pro MID 2015 edition. So I am kind of Audiophile, and I have around 2.5 - 3TB of Music on my PC (which is under 1 folder only).

As iTunes cannot play FLAC music files, I am currently using Audirvana and SwinSian Music Player, and both are pretty decent. So the thing is that, when I try to sync my Library (which is on Window) to my MAC music player (either Audirvana or SwinSian), it takes hell lot of time (understandable because of my huge database), but after waiting that much of time, of 35% of music is been synced and it says syncing is complete.

So my main question is that, is there any way, that I can access 100% of data on my MAC, a little faster? What I did is that, I made my Music Library folder "Shareable" on Windows, and then over Wifi, I was accessing that folder on my MAC.

Please, let me know if there is any other way.

Solution
A network file share is the normal way.

If you want to access the data faster then you need to make the connection faster.
If old computer is a PC, having it hardwired via Ethernet will help.
If your router is old then upgrading it should give you faster wifi connection.
Installing an SSD drive in your PC and having music collection (or better yet your entire windows OS) on it would also help speed up access.

For the sake of first setting up the library I would have both computers plugged in via Ethernet, that should help a lot.

hershgupta

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011

My PC Config :
MotherBoard: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
Processor: Intel i5 3570K
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB DDR5
HardDisk: Seagate Barracuda 1TB , Western Digital Black Caviar 4TB
SSD : Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD , Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz 4x2 = 8GB DDR3
PSU: Cooler Master GX650 Bronze Edition
Cabinet: Crosshair 400R Carbide Series Mid Tower Case
Monitor: Samsung 24" Series 7 SyncMaster S24BB750

MacBook is pretty newest model till now. Its MID 2015 core i7 2.8Ghz, 15Inch Retina , AMD Graphics.

I can set up my library using Ethernet cable, but I am not sure how to do that. Can you give me a link with the tutorial if possible?

A tutorial?

I mean just connect both computers to the router via an Ethernet cable and not wifi.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS