Question Accessing PC from a different subnet

Jun 21, 2019
Hello, I have a bit of a weird network set up - the cable from the ISP comes into a switch, which connects all the different rooms in the house. In one of the rooms is the main router (Asus RT-N12+) which was set up so that it uses the same LAN cable to connect to the switch again. Then in a different room I have another router (TP-Link TL-WR720N) to which my PC is connected. I have server software running on my PC and if I'm connected to the TP-Link's WiFi on my phone I can connect to <PC-IP>:80 and get the files that are served. However if I connect to the Asus' WiFi I can no longer access <PC-IP>. What would it take to achieve this?

I'm running Windows 10 on my PC. The networks are 192.168.1.0 for the Asus router and 192.168.0.0 for the TP-Link router.

Edit: I have a RasPi connected to the Asus router and I can access it from the TP-Link network

You can not make it work without a large effort and even then it may not be possible if you need something complex.

The problem is the same as accessing machines in your house from the internet. The NAT is blocking it and you would have to setup port forwarding rules to make it work.

Better off going with a different design. You are better off only have a single router in your house and if you need other wifi radio sources run those as AP. This will make all your equipment be on the same subnet.

Jun 21, 2019
How would I go about changing the design of the network? Because if I need to move stuff around physically then it's a no-go.

The problem is the same as accessing machines in your house from the internet. The NAT is blocking it and you would have to setup port forwarding rules to make it work.
Well in the end I actually want to access the PC from the internet, I've also done some port forwarding previously and I though that would be the solution, however when trying to set it up I couldn't get it to work. I tried forwarding port 80 from the Asus router to the TP-Link router

So I managed to make the PC port 80 accessible over the internet, via port forwarding, however I am still unable to access it via internal IP from the other network