Jul 24, 2021
I lent my cousin my old laptop (Windows 10) to use But I forgot to empty the recycle bin on my main user account. :eek:There were some REALLY embarrassing files in the recycle bin that I don't want anyone to see. Before I gave her the laptop, I created a second local account with admin access for her to use. My question is, will she be able to access the recycle bin on my main user account from her secondary local account? It's been months since I lent her the laptop and I'm paranoid that she as already snooped around and saw the embarrassing files.

Things are awkward between us now because I always think she's seen it. PLEASE HELP!!! BTW my old user account has a password so she can't login which is great, but I'm still worried she can access my recycle bin from her second local account because it has admin access. 😥😥😨

Solution
If you never changed the settings the contents of the Recycle bin are automatically deleted after 30 days.

Likewise, Storage Sense, may have deleted the files if the recycle bin reached a certain size or overall disk storage space became low.

If she had admin rights then she would have had access to the accounts on the system.

Or be able to change the/your old user account password.

If you lent the laptop to her just ask to borrow the old laptop back.

That alone, one way or another, will probably reveal if she found and saw the embarrassing files.

Then it is up to the two of you to work things out.

Do not know your ages (and not asking) but hopefully it can be settled in an adult-like manner.

Be honest and apologize if and...

Ralston18

Titan
If you never changed the settings the contents of the Recycle bin are automatically deleted after 30 days.

Likewise, Storage Sense, may have deleted the files if the recycle bin reached a certain size or overall disk storage space became low.

If she had admin rights then she would have had access to the accounts on the system.

Or be able to change the/your old user account password.

If you lent the laptop to her just ask to borrow the old laptop back.

That alone, one way or another, will probably reveal if she found and saw the embarrassing files.

Then it is up to the two of you to work things out.

Do not know your ages (and not asking) but hopefully it can be settled in an adult-like manner.

Be honest and apologize if and as necessary.

Reactions: Techrookie89
Solution
Jul 24, 2021
So, everything in the recycle bin gets completely emptied after 30 days? Are you sure? On my new windows 10 laptop, files that I deleted four months ago are still in my recycle bin. And I haven't changed the settings.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS