cole

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

XP Home Addition. Brand new laptop preloaded straight from HP.

The Accessories fold, which has the System Tools and Word Pad and others is
not showing. It is not anywhere on the Start menu. Where else would it be? I
especially am trying to get to the system restore so I can set a restore
point. In fact, that is how I realized the Accessories folder was missing.

Restore shortcuts to the Accessories group
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:e1o6ul2pFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Cole <c@noway.com> hunted and pecked:
> XP Home Addition. Brand new laptop preloaded straight from HP.
>

> The Accessories fold, which has the System Tools and Word Pad and others
> is not showing. It is not anywhere on the Start menu. Where else would it
> be? I especially am trying to get to the system restore so I can set a
> restore point. In fact, that is how I realized the Accessories folder was
> missing.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:e1o6ul2pFHA.3180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Cole <c@noway.com> had this to say:

> XP Home Addition. Brand new laptop preloaded straight from HP.
>

> The Accessories fold, which has the System Tools and Word Pad and
> others is not showing. It is not anywhere on the Start menu. Where
> else would it be? I especially am trying to get to the system restore
> so I can set a restore point. In fact, that is how I realized the
> Accessories folder was missing.

Hmm... You might want to go ahead and start > run > paste in this
"%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe" without the quotes > hit enter >
and restore to a few days ago and see if maybe that brings back your missing
folder.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes