Accidental Partition Format

shadow31694

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
So I screwed up pretty badly. While trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my computer I accidentally formatted my main partition. My personal files are unimportant, I need the drivers and other main files that came with the computer. Unfortunately I don't have a recovery disc either. Here's some info about the hardware that may be of use:

Xplorer X6-9120 Gaming Notebook
ADAPTER: Universal AC-DC Adapter
CD: 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive (NB-353-DVDRW)
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-3610QM Mobile Processor 2.30 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.30 GHz
FLASHMEDIA: Built-In 3in1 Media Reader
HDD: 240GB Corsair Force Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 550MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write [+161] (Single Drive)
MOTHERBOARD: Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard
NETWORK: Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Network Card
NOTEBOOK: A15FD Gaming Notebook 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Display

I realize this is a common issue but I don't exactly know which drivers and files I need for my computer in particular. Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Did you get Windows reinstalled? Does your internet connection work? If yes to both of those, go to the manufacturer's webpages and get the drivers there. They'll be the most reliable. Or, install the ones from any cd's that your hardware came with just to get you up and running. Ideally I'd just get em from the webpages though.

RealBeast

Titan
I would download an iso image of the identical version of Windows 7 that your computer uses from DIGITAL RIVER, which is a Microsoft authorized distributor, burn it to a DVD, and use the key that is on the tag on your machine to repair or reinstall.

You should contact the manufacturer of your notebook to download the latest drivers that you need for your model.

gbryan101

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Can you create a functional Windows install without additional drivers? If so, do it. Let Windows do its thing and search for drivers on its own. Once that's done, open Device Manager and see what devices aren't working and Google them, looking for drivers. Also, Cyberpower has links to component makers' support sites. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/support/

shadow31694

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I did manage to get Windows 7 installed on my computer. I just don't have any drivers or network adapters. Finding drivers for my GPU and whatnot is easy but I don't know where to get my wireless and Ethernet adapters from.

Also, the way I reinstalled Win7 was using an iso stored on a flash drive. I figured the setup would automatically install the network adapters but it didn't.

Appreciate all the help guys.

gbryan101

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Open Device Manager and find your wireless adapter under Network adapters. Take whatever model it is, likely something like an Intel Centrino. Google it, looking for the manufacturer's support page. Drivers should be available.

Alternatively, you could take your model and go to Cyberpower's support site and find the manufacturer from there.

shadow31694

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

That's the thing, I have no wireless adapter. The only thing that is present underneath network adapters is two bluetooth devices. I will try searching on Cyberpower's site though.

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

If your computer came with a utilities and/or drivers disc you should check that. Otherwise, you're really going to have to open up the laptop casing to figure out which wireless receiver you have. Once you know that information finding the driver for it should be easy. If the device isn't showing up in the device manager you may have to check it to make sure it is properly seated in the card slot anyhow, or it might be dead.

shadow31694

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys, thanks for all the support so far. I have a few clarifications that perhaps might assist in finding a solution.

I have no kind of recovery/utility/drivers disc at the moment.
Currently in Device Manager, this is what is under "Network Adapters
-Bluetooth (Personal Area Network_
-Bluetooth (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
Also in Device Manager there are these following things under "Other Devices"; each one has a yellow exclamation point next to the icon
-Ethernet Controller
-Network Controller
-PCI Simple Communications Controller
-SM Bus Controller
-Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

I DO know what motherboard I have but I DO NOT know what wireless receiver I have nor how to find out. I have tried "ipconfig /all" on the command prompt but gained no new or useful information from it. I highly doubt that my wireless card died between the couple hours it took to format my drive and install Win7.

Based on my motherboard (Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard) I'm fairly certain that the wireless chip is some model of Intel Centrino but again, I have no clue which model specifically or how to find out.

I have looked in the BIOS to see if network adapters were possibly disabled but I was unable to locate any menu or option pertaining to the network.

Also, I definitely want to avoid opening up my laptop if I can, as I have no experience with computer hardware and do not want to risk any damage to the machine.

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

There it is! The "ethernet controller" is likely the RJ-45 port on the laptop, but it's a start. If you can get the driver for that and install it, you'll be able to let Windows Updates run and will likely be able to get everything patched with the right drivers.