[SOLVED] Accidentally bent key switch on mechanical keyboard

RealNightz

Prominent
Mar 25, 2019
So i just got a replacement keyboard and while i was removing the keycaps I accidentally pulled out a switch in the process and bent the pin. I bent the switch back into place and it works fine again but i was wondering if i just ruined the longevity of the switch? Btw my keyboard is hot swappable if that matters

Solution
So i just got a replacement keyboard and while i was removing the keycaps I accidentally pulled out a switch in the process and bent the pin. I bent the switch back into place and it works fine again but i was wondering if i just ruined the longevity of the switch? Btw my keyboard is hot swappable if that matters
SInce you seem to have easily bent it back to work properly I wouldn't expect it to decrease the longevity of the key.

RealBeast

Titan
SInce you seem to have easily bent it back to work properly I wouldn't expect it to decrease the longevity of the key.

Solution
Aug 24, 2020
Hello there,

Trust me, I have faced the same issue, where I bent my key switch a few months back. But, I don't really think it has anything to do with the longevity of the switch, especially practically knowing that my keyboard and that particular key work just fine.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS