Accidentally changed the name of a Regedit file - Now Sony Vegas won't run (how do I change the name back?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EuphAuric

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Hi everyone,

So with the advent of Windows 10, I found my computer wasn't recognising my HDMI cable as an audio possibility. I tried for ages trying to fix this issue, and along the way, I came across a forum post that gave a suggestion as to changing something in regedit. Here is the post:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/225973-windows-10-technical-preview-amd-hdmi-underscan-fix/

So I followed the instructions and got to the end of this paragraph:
"Expand all of them.
Under some, there should be folders called "0000". Some have more, like "0001", just click on "0000".
Click on each one, look for the one with a ton of settings, like "Catalyst_Version". It is likely one with more than just ""0000"
Note that number it is under, again similar to {9ED3D08E-D0B1-4C16-8211-628D2DE08438}
Replace the number in the brackets in the file (the bold part) with the number from your system. Keep the brackets there."

So what I stupidly did was replace the title of the file with his one, i.e. {9ED3D08E-D0B1-4C16-8211-628D2DE08438}

Now I'm pretty sure that's what's causing Sony Vegas Pro 12 to give me this message:
"LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect."

So my question is, how do I change the regedit file name back to what it was originally?

Thanks everyone for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
EuphAuric

Solution
I actually stumbled across an answer myself.

I haven't managed to revert the regedit file name, but what I did do was search for a file called "atig6pxx.dll" in my computer, right clicked on it to open its file location, then renamed it to "atig6pxx.dll.bak".

Sony Vegas now starts up without a problem.

Hope that helps anyone else if they stumble across this post!

EuphAuric

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
I actually stumbled across an answer myself.

I haven't managed to revert the regedit file name, but what I did do was search for a file called "atig6pxx.dll" in my computer, right clicked on it to open its file location, then renamed it to "atig6pxx.dll.bak".

Sony Vegas now starts up without a problem.

Hope that helps anyone else if they stumble across this post!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS