[SOLVED] Accidentally deleted partition 1 when reinstalling windows, it showed as a recovery type of partition, now I have a bunch of problems

royrichard1290

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
So right now I can’t seem to turn my pc on, but before that I tried reinstalling windows and it crashed my pc, I tried twice. I deleted some partition labeled as “recovery” type, I think that screwed things up? Is there a fix for this?

Solution
I somehow screwed up my PC trying to upgrade ram so I’m doing a clean install. I followed that tutorial and my pc froze while getting to the “installing windows” part.
Your new ram may be operating unstable. Possible reasons - inappropriate ram settings, faulty ram.

Put the old ram back. Have only single ram module, while installing windows.
After that - test stability of your new ram.

USAFRet

Titan
You were doing a fresh OS install?
Why?

But...just redo it, deleting ALL partitions in the process.

royrichard1290

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
I somehow screwed up my PC trying to upgrade ram so I’m doing a clean install. I followed that tutorial and my pc froze while getting to the “installing windows” part. This is the third time this has happened. Where do I go from here? I’m pretty desperate, I’ve been trying to fix this pc for several hours now and keep running into problems.

USAFRet

Titan
I somehow screwed up my PC trying to upgrade ram so I’m doing a clean install. I followed that tutorial and my pc froze while getting to the “installing windows” part. This is the third time this has happened. Where do I go from here? I’m pretty desperate, I’ve been trying to fix this pc for several hours now and keep running into problems.
In this install process, did you DELETE all existing partitions before continuing?

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, I did.
Where did your install USB come from?

At what exact step does this fail, and what does it show you?

I somehow screwed up my PC trying to upgrade ram so I’m doing a clean install. I followed that tutorial and my pc froze while getting to the “installing windows” part.
Your new ram may be operating unstable. Possible reasons - inappropriate ram settings, faulty ram.

Put the old ram back. Have only single ram module, while installing windows.
After that - test stability of your new ram.

Solution

royrichard1290

Reputable
Jan 4, 2019
So I successfully reinstalled windows with the old ram stick in. But then I tried putting in the new ram and I can’t get anything to start, and I get a red light on my motherboard that says DRAM next to it. The new ram worked at one point, obviously since I was attempting to install windows with it in as well. I’m not sure what to do now, I really want this ram upgraded. Do I have any options?

USAFRet

Titan
So I successfully reinstalled windows with the old ram stick in. But then I tried putting in the new ram and I can’t get anything to start, and I get a red light on my motherboard that says DRAM next to it. The new ram worked at one point, obviously since I was attempting to install windows with it in as well. I’m not sure what to do now, I really want this ram upgraded. Do I have any options?
What is the old RAM, and what is the new RAM?

Something else you can try is running diagnostics through the bios options.

Not sure what model of laptop you have but for Dells you can spam F12 after you turn the computer on and select diagnostics from the list.

It should scan ram and your hard drive/ssd along with other computer components.