Accidentally deleted partition on storage drive.. recovery possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noPart

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I was trying to install windows 7 last night on a new SSD and got a little delete happy with the partitions. I accidentally deleted the partition for my storage drive. The storage drive was just a ntfs formatted 3TB drive that was not broken into smaller partition. I’ve tried to use Minitool Partition Wizard Home edition and it’s able to find 3 different partitions but none of them are the right one. When I look at the files in the partition, it’s empty and doesn’t have anything. I’ve tried a different software (forgot name) and it’s able see all my files but I don’t have a spare 3TB I can use to move all my data off. Is there any other partition recovery program that can help so that I don’t need to find another 3TB to transfer all my data to?

G

Test disk is better and it is free. Dont use the trail or home versions of the professinal softwares. They r all lame ducks.

gulirsy

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I find a freeware last Sunday on the web, it's pretty cool. I got back my deleted partition by it.
Here is the address: http://freeware-recovery.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-delete-format-recovery.html
The free software is designed to recover lost partition due to deletion or format by mistake. After installation click"Lost Partition Recovery", wait for the tool to scan your pc, then you'll find the lost partition. If you have any problem, browse the official website to find the solution. Hope this will help you.

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

If your partition is just deleted by accident, and do not formatted it or wipe it, you could try to use Partition Assistant( freeware) which integrate the partition recovery wizard and special designed for accidentally deleted partition. Here is an article and a video about this, you could have a try.

rody007

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
If the partitions in the hard disk get accidentally deleted, formatted or damaged, Windows operating system can corrupt causing huge data loss in the system. Users may face data inaccessibility problem due to corruption in the OS. At such case, Windows recovery is a must.there so many Window recovery software which recover your data one of them is Kernel for Window Recovery you can try this software.

justin deep

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
Yes it is absolutely possible to recover accidentally deleted volumes or partition on Mac. Like any other critical data loss issue this problem can also be resolved using time machine backup. This process will significantly restore your system setting on users specified previous time. But in case if it fails recover your data from accidentally volume then you should take the help of any sophisticated third party tool. however at the main time it is utterly important to prevent your files from overwriting.

Some common do's and don'ts for this situation:

Do not re-create the partition
Avoid disk defragmentation
Do not try reformatting the drive
Do not save any new files until all your files get recovered completely
Try to restore your computer with time machine Backup

For more information visit: http://macmini.recoverytrashmac.com

shade42

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for the recommendation of TestDisk. It quickly recovered my missing partition.

I also tried EaseUS Partition Master, which spent a lot of time scanning the disk without getting anywhere.

Reactions: tonylock50
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS