Accidentally deleted system mount point. (mountvol D: /d)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3usrnam3

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Well long story short this happened, I typed it into the CMD.. mountvol D: /d (deleted the volume mount point so windows will not boot up anymore) Luckily it was on my 2nd Win7 OS (dual boot computer.) PLEASE if anyone knows how to re-enable the volume so it is able to boot again, I would GREATLY appreciate this. Thank you, I had no idea what I was doing and should have done some more reading before trying to mess with mountvol

Solution
Mountvol to get a list of the volume names

mountvol D: \\?\Volume{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}\ where the long string is the value returned by the first command which corresponds to the volume name of your D drive that you removed the mount point

And type carefully you need everything in the string that I posted from the first m to last \ just as I typed only using your volume name for the xxxx's. No big deal, you can use this to unmount and remount volumes.

RealBeast

Titan
Mountvol to get a list of the volume names

mountvol D: \\?\Volume{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}\ where the long string is the value returned by the first command which corresponds to the volume name of your D drive that you removed the mount point

And type carefully you need everything in the string that I posted from the first m to last \ just as I typed only using your volume name for the xxxx's. No big deal, you can use this to unmount and remount volumes.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.