Question Accidentally hit my computer while moving it into another table and i lag on game

Aug 8, 2022
The hit wasn't nothing huge, i wasn't even worried, but somehow it damaged something
i've tried unplug graphic card + ram, also had it on warranty so sent back to provider but they did test it and said it was working properly.
i was about to buy a new computer so it's not a big loss for me, but still, the computer is 1 year old and tbh would be nice to fix it.

Computer really works well the problem is now i lag in league of legends the only game i play, and it's since that hit so it's that 100%, i also lag in other games aswell, got all drivers installed and updates etc. Made an account there since this forum seems really good

btw when i say lag i mean something like fps drops or it even looks like overheating, before it worked like a charm

Aug 8, 2022
100% of what? CPU? GPU? If CPU, sounds like the cooler loose, and the CPU is throttling as a result.

And let's get full specs.

Hi.

Nothing is at 100% actually everything is low except memory which is 44-50% while im not playing.

Specs :
gygabyte h510m h
gtx 1660 ti
intel core i5 10600kf 4.10 ghz
aerocool lux 650 w 80 plus
goodram px500 ssd 512 gb
corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3200 pc4 x 2 (16 gb ram)
windows 10 pro 21h1

cpu is at 30% while doing nothing
memory at 46%
gpu 17% (49ºC)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Wired or wireless?

Regarding the move: is the computer basically in the same location or now in another room? Distance change from router if wireless?

Did you change the network cable or wall jack if wired?

= = = =

The computer may not be "doing nothing".

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to take a close look at what all is running on the computer.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%). and what is using any given resource.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may help as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Observe performance after booting up, while doing light work or browsing, an then while gaming.

Determine what is happening or changing when the lags occur.

Aug 8, 2022
Wired or wireless?

Regarding the move: is the computer basically in the same location or now in another room? Distance change from router if wireless?

Did you change the network cable or wall jack if wired?

= = = =

The computer may not be "doing nothing".

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to take a close look at what all is running on the computer.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%). and what is using any given resource.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may help as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Observe performance after booting up, while doing light work or browsing, an then while gaming.

Determine what is happening or changing when the lags occur.

yeah computer is on same location, and its wired. Computer running normally i think i dont see anything wrong imo but im not a expert.

I downloaded the link u gave me but i dont see anything wrong

Could it be termal paste, ssd got dmged or idk, the hit was with the computer OFF

Ralston18

Titan
What do you see via Task Manager and/or Resource Monitor when not playing games versus playing games?

What make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may be capturing some lag related problem.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You may need help from that person.

Aug 8, 2022
What do you see via Task Manager and/or Resource Monitor when not playing games versus playing games?

What make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may be capturing some lag related problem.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You may need help from that person.
i have checked task manager and resource monitor and nothing seems wrong while playing or not.

Router is new i have it for 1 year, dont know model (i live alone at my home) i can get full admin rights to the router i guess and check. But honestly i don't really think its my router since its working good.

I said lag, but i expressed myself wrong i don't mean lag by high ping, i mean something is causing me like ''fps drops''.

So i think when the computer got hit something moved, such as a cable or thermal paste

i have checked task manager and resource monitor and nothing seems wrong while playing or not.

Router is new i have it for 1 year, dont know model (i live alone at my home) i can get full admin rights to the router i guess and check. But honestly i don't really think its my router since its working good.

I said lag, but i expressed myself wrong i don't mean lag by high ping, i mean something is causing me like ''fps drops''.

So i think when the computer got hit something moved, such as a cable or thermal paste
Reseat all plugs....test.

Reactions: Ralston18

Ralston18

Titan
Not only the plugs:

All connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris. Reseat all components.

Do so by sight and feel. What appears to be in place may move a bit if gently rocked and wiggled into position.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, kinked or pinched wires, loose of missing screws, anything browned or blackened, cracked connectors, inspect around the I/O Panel and other case ports.