[SOLVED] Accidentally mixed Memory modules

Florian99

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
Back in end 2019 I bought my second set of Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 CL16 Ram to upgrade to 32 gigs. So at first I saw that my old modules were hynix a dies and the new ones are Samsung b dies but with exactly the same specs. Thought it was fine and kept them but they really don't mix that well with overclocking it seems. Now I cant return them anymore or should I say that it wasn't shown which sticks I will get and rm them? Or just keep and live with it?

Solution
Back in end 2019 I bought my second set of Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3000 CL16 Ram to upgrade to 32 gigs. So at first I saw that my old modules were hynix a dies and the new ones are Samsung b dies but with exactly the same specs. Thought it was fine and kept them but they really don't mix that well with overclocking it seems. Now I cant return them anymore or should I say that it wasn't shown which sticks I will get and rm them? Or just keep and live with it?

You can always sell it used and take the hit between the used and new RAM.

The chances that you actually get an RMA based on this reason are quite small.

DSzymborski

Titan

Reactions: Florian99
Solution

Florian99

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016

Problem is its hurting me how much they cost and how much they would be now :(
I dont even really know if there is a problem with these 2 mixed stick kits. I mean they are running 2933/3000 max. Is this normal for a ryzen 5 1600 because of bad compatibility?
Thanks and Greetings