[SOLVED] Accidentally pulled off USB 3.2 header plastic casing, exposing pins. Is exposed pins a bad idea?

NaOEt

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
Hi all. I just tried rerouting my front panel USB 3.2 cable to make room for a new graphics card, but when unplugging the cable, I also pulled off the plastic casing that surrounds the pins on the motherboard. I have no problem solely using the I/O usb connectors instead (if it saves the hassle of reinstalling the plastic casing), but is leaving these pins exposed a safety hazard to my pc's components? Thank you!

Solution
If you didn't bend any of the pins it's not usually all that difficult to slip the shell back in place. Just be sure to leave the alignment keyway on the correct side.

I seem to recall the first motherboards I got with USB2 headers had no shroud at all and they worked just fine...and still do.
If you didn't bend any of the pins it's not usually all that difficult to slip the shell back in place. Just be sure to leave the alignment keyway on the correct side.

I seem to recall the first motherboards I got with USB2 headers had no shroud at all and they worked just fine...and still do.

Solution